Sammo Hung

legendarycurry

Drunken Monk
27 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Sammo Hung received a Lifetime Achieving Award today, I think.

He deserved it soooooo much !!.

Sammo.png

• Like 4

I noticed that Sammo has a Facebook account which he set up recently in October 2023. I left a few comments and he messaged me on fb, saying that he doesn't like Facebook much to communicate with his fans, and do I have an email address, which I gave him. His latest email suggested moving to Google chat as he's having problems with gmail and his 'technician' advised google chat.

Red flags and alarm bells are already sounding. Does anyone else message him on his Facebook account or leave comments? Mike Leeder is very pally with Sammo. Any way to get a hold of Mike and ask him if this Facebook of Sammo is the real deal, or just another fan based fake profile?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I noticed that Sammo has a Facebook account which he set up recently in October 2023. I left a few comments and he messaged me on fb, saying that he doesn't like Facebook much to communicate with his fans, and do I have an email address, which I gave him. His latest email suggested moving to Google chat as he's having problems with gmail and his 'technician' advised google chat.

Red flags and alarm bells are already sounding. Does anyone else message him on his Facebook account or leave comments? Mike Leeder is very pally with Sammo. Any way to get a hold of Mike and ask him if this Facebook of Sammo is the real deal, or just another fan based fake profile?

I had an almost similar misadventure with someone on the Jackie Chan's Club Facebook page. There was a link to supposedly communicate with Jackie Chan. We exchanged some messages on Messenger, and then he told me that he could offer me a card member for his fan club which would allow me to benefit of a lot of things... 500 $ ! Of course, I refused, and began to ask him for some precise things. He told me that he spoke Spanish, so, I wrote to him in Spanish. Then, I asked him for something using Chinese characters, and of course, I never got any answer right after these two messages. I mentioned him on the Facebook page and several people then said that they had had the same experience...

So, as you say, red flags and prudence !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't mind sharing the email with you lot. All I'd say is his English is far too perfect. You'd at least expect some broken English in there. I can forgive the American spelling of 'favourite' when it used to be a British colony.

It just seems so dodgy.

Screenshot_20231025_072039_Gmail.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I had an almost similar misadventure with someone on the Jackie Chan's Club Facebook page. There was a link to supposedly communicate with Jackie Chan. We exchanged some messages on Messenger, and then he told me that he could offer me a card member for his fan club which would allow me to benefit of a lot of things... 500 $ ! Of course, I refused, and began to ask him for some precise things. He told me that he spoke Spanish, so, I wrote to him in Spanish. Then, I asked him for something using Chinese characters, and of course, I never got any answer right after these two messages. I mentioned him on the Facebook page and several people then said that they had had the same experience...

So, as you say, red flags and prudence !!!

Thanks @ShawAngela. Sammo's other fb page is from 2013, but not been updated since then.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I don't mind sharing the email with you lot. All I'd say is his English is far too perfect. You'd at least expect some broken English in there. I can forgive the American spelling of 'favourite' when it used to be a British colony.

It just seems so dodgy.

Screenshot_20231025_072039_Gmail.jpg

This looks like an IA text, for me, but I may be mistaken.

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
36 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

This looks like an IA text, for me, but I may be mistaken.

I can say with almost 110% certainty that the text @Yggdrasil shared is AI generated, likely using a few guiding prompts and whatever the previous messages were as the input, with the goal of transitioning the potential victim to download Google Chat (which is likely their preferred platform to execute the scam).

• Like 4

15 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I can say with almost 110% certainty that the text @Yggdrasil shared is AI generated, likely using a few guiding prompts and whatever the previous messages were as the input, with the goal of transitioning the potential victim to download Google Chat (which is likely their preferred platform to execute the scam).

Thanks @One Armed Boxer. It's a shame really. It just puts a negative light on Sammo. So it anyone on here knows @Mike Leeder, who happens to live in Hong Kong, and he's very close to Sammo Hung, then people need to know about this.

I noticed the email didn't actually mention anything or ask me questions regarding what I asked him, just mentioning the same thing back to me. Asian delicacies and Filipino jungle. As we know from Leeder's commentary, Sammo had to pay off the NPA comminst rebels in the jungle to assure them that they really are shooting a film. I thought it was a bit strange nothing was mentioned about the dangers in the Filipino jungle. I thought it sounded off. But as soon as it mentioned moving to Google chat, I did some digging online before messenging here for guidance. It did mention that scammers would say thst google play offers better security and privacy for chat. Basically exactly the same words as was mentioned in the email.

Afterall, we all like martial-arts and its stars, so the last thing anyone wants is other members to be scammed.

This is the profile on fb, so you can look and search. I dislike fb anyway and I'm not active.

Screenshot_20231025_155431_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4

DragonClaws

Sammo Hung is looking good for 72, after spending years in one of the toughest movie genres out there old-school Martial Arts Martial Arts cinema. Sure if you could survive and rise to the top of the Peking Opera School as a child/teenager, making films was a lot easier?.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 5:02 PM, Yggdrasil said:

Thanks @One Armed Boxer. It's a shame really. It just puts a negative light on Sammo. So it anyone on here knows @Mike Leeder, who happens to live in Hong Kong, and he's very close to Sammo Hung, then people need to know about this.

I noticed the email didn't actually mention anything or ask me questions regarding what I asked him, just mentioning the same thing back to me. Asian delicacies and Filipino jungle. As we know from Leeder's commentary, Sammo had to pay off the NPA comminst rebels in the jungle to assure them that they really are shooting a film. I thought it was a bit strange nothing was mentioned about the dangers in the Filipino jungle. I thought it sounded off. But as soon as it mentioned moving to Google chat, I did some digging online before messenging here for guidance. It did mention that scammers would say thst google play offers better security and privacy for chat. Basically exactly the same words as was mentioned in the email.

Afterall, we all like martial-arts and its stars, so the last thing anyone wants is other members to be scammed.

This is the profile on fb, so you can look and search. I dislike fb anyway and I'm not active.

Screenshot_20231025_155431_Chrome.jpg

The lack of likes and followers as well as the missing blue checkmark are unfortunately a dead giveaway of it being a fake account. Whoever is running it and impersonating Sammo has clearly other motives. STAY AWAY!

• Like 2

ShawAngela

Pictures from Facebook. He looks great and better that some other recent pictures I saw him in.

437570584_3276584835968446_5630220457854154439_n.jpg

437579000_3276584882635108_2240762807670850818_n.jpg

438030384_3276584849301778_6674253107084089509_n.jpg

• Like 4

Yggdrasil

My first Sammo film I watched. (Actually, my first real Chinese martial arts film too)

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
45 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

You can see Sammo receiving his award here on Facebook, on @Mike Leeder's page.

I don't know how to copy the video here.*I enjoyed it a lot.

https://www.facebook.com/bigmikeleeder/videos/801256705212398

I loved that! Well deserved. Him and Joyce are so cute together and I loved the cheeky remark at the end. :D

• Like 2