Sammo Hung

legendarycurry

Cognoscente

I like the Medium's site ability to give audio narration to an article. Listening to Sean Gilman's Sammo article reminds me of the HKL biographies with the U.S. voiceover guy (minus the '80s-style rock and/or synth music that accompanied their biographies).

https://medium.com/the-chinese-cinema/sammo-hung-capsule-reviews-c009837e35ea

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 2

legendarycurry

I have been a fan of Sammo for most of my life but I haven't kept up with his more recent output. Most recent movie of his that I watched was "My Beloved Bodyguard" back in 2016.

I saw that he is part of a newish documentary called Kung Fu Stuntmen, has anyone seen it?Is it any good and does he mention anything not mentioned in prior interviews/DVD extras?.

Has anyone seen any of his post-2016 output and is any of it worth seeing? (both in regards to choreography and acting/fight performance)

• Like 2

ShawAngela

A picture of Sammo that I had never seen anywhere. I found it on Facebook and it comes from Hong Kong Net, if I remember well.

280929004_438726244922079_8839361073491373294_n.jpg

• Like 5

J.J. Hayden
19 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

A picture of Sammo

That's a great pic, thanks for sharing. Are the kids Sammy and Stephanie?

• Like 2

ShawAngela
2 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

That's a great pic, thanks for sharing. Are the kids Sammy and Stephanie?

I don't know who are the kids. And I don't even know if it's his first wife or Joyce Godenzi.

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
12 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I don't know who are the kids. And I don't even know if it's his first wife or Joyce Godenzi.

LOL, I got mixed up with the dates. It's lil Timmy on the right and lil Jimmy on the left with mum. It is his first wife, a Korean he met when filming there, her name is Jo Eun-ok.

• Like 4

Cognoscente

Sammo was interviewed in this documentary which also includes a little bit of BTS Martial Law footage.

EiDAlfgVkAAKVUJ.jpg

• Like 3

Didn’t he have it all to become a worldwide superstar like Jackie?

I guess he is a superstar in Asia but in Europe and the States I think he is just a cult figure.

I remember in my early 20s I saw “dragons forever” for the first time and he surprised me hard with his screen fighting skills. His comedic time is perfect as well, also his later serious parts are great, very versatile actor.

At time I did not realize he was the guy who fought Bruce Lee in enter the dragon

Edited by WangYu
  • Like 4

TigerCage1990

Watched Dirty Tiger, Crazy Frog. It was great movie seeing the Sammo Hung /Lau Kar-Wing collaboration next to The Odd Couple.

MV5BMGEzOGVkZWYtYzgwMi00NzAzLWI0OWMtN2Q4YzhkYTZjNmI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg

• Like 4