Sammo Hung

legendarycurry

ShawAngela
5 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

The guy with the red polo shirt looks like he's resting his right arm on it. And the back of Sammo's chair is different to all the other wooden ones.

Well observed.

• Like 2

Omni Dragon
8 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Does look like a wheel chair in that last picture. The guy with the red polo shirt looks like he's resting his right arm on it. And the back of Sammo's chair is different to all the other wooden ones

As well as what looks like a footrest and front wheel under the table, and a rear wheel seen through the gap in the chair on the right.

• Like 2

Omni Dragon
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I really like the narration on that trailer. 

Edited by Omni Dragon
  • Like 2

Graeme Of Death
6 hours ago, Omni Dragon said:

As well as what looks like a footrest and front wheel under the table, and a rear wheel seen through the gap in the chair on the right.

Never noticed that. Obviously there's different reasons that he could be in a wheel chair. But if he's having to sit in a motorised wheel chair for a meal I'd suggest "he has no health problems" isn't quite true. Hope it's nothing serious, I didn't realise he had been using crutches and wheel chair before though.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2019 at 8:00 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Can anyone explain this photo?

Untitled.png

In the words of Ian Malcolm "When you gotta go, you gotta go."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The great Sammo Hung with the stars of The Scorpion King (aka Operation Scorpio), stunt superstar and long time HungGarBan member Chin Ka-lok and Korean super-kicker Won Jin.

Won Jin 7 - with Sammo Hung and Chin Kar-Lok.jpg

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 7

Cognoscente
On 10/16/2019 at 8:00 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Can anyone explain this photo?

Untitled.png

It was during the making of Touch and Go. On the left, we have Irene Wan. On the right, we have Teresa Mo (who would later co-star opposite Sammo in the same year's Daddy, Father, Papa).

• Like 4

DragonClaws
12 hours ago, drees5761 said:

deleted scene from Wheels on Meals?....naughty Sammo...:-)

Thanks for sharing that here @drees5761, was the scene connected to a side plot feautring Sammo Hung's detectvie character?. Jackie Chan  and Yuen' Biao's screen characters are all well known by the local prostitutes. With Lola Forner's character portraying one, in a number of scenes. It's been sometime since I watched the complete movie. I really need to re-visit this one soon.

• Like 3

Cognoscente

In the April '82 issue of Golden Movie News, Sammo could be seen wearing a Playboy T-shirt. This reminds me of the Japanese poster for Carry On Pickpocket, which contained a variation of the Playboy logo.

april 1982.jpg

ip57uEA.jpg

• Like 6

Cognoscente

In the December '77 issue of Golden Movie News (#69), there is a reference to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

69 gmn dec 77.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Is it possible to get the full interview anywhere?I was really getting into this then it stopped🤬

• Like 2

DragonClaws

According to @Mike Leeder, we could have got Sammo Hung appearing alongside Donnie Yen in Rogue One(2016). I found this out by listening to the following recent interview featuring Mr Leeder. Found this one very interesting and informative.

• Like 5

Holy crap... Sammo Hung as Baze Malbus?! No disrespect to Jiang Wen but Sammo would've made a better onscreen duo with Donnie's Chirrut Imwe.

• Like 3

Won Jin with Sammo Hung, Raven Chang (founder of the Magpie Stunt Team) and Chin Ka-lok.

Won Jin-Sammo-Raven-Chin KaLok.jpg

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 4

Here's an interesting collage of Won Jin behind the scenes. 1. with Shin Eun-Kyung on My Wife Is A Gangster / 2. with Andy Lau on Saviour Of The Soul II / 3. with Sammo Hung, probably for the premier of No Problem 2 / 4. with Shu Qi on My Wife Is A Gangster 3. - The 2nd pic looks like it's from a TV show or behind the scenes documentary, I'd very much like to see that, if it's the case.

a few small WJ images 2.jpg

• Like 4

In the new Kung Fu Stuntmen documentary, someone (can't remember who. Mars maybe?) tells the story of how stunt men used to go and gather at this one place waiting for work. A bit like how some people gather at Home Depot these days.
Someone came by needing ten, twenty, thirty stuntmen and everyone would be eager to work until they heard it was for Sammo. Once his name was brought up, they turned down the work because it guaranteed injury.

• Like 2