Sammo Hung

legendarycurry

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Can anyone explain this photo?

I'm not sue what film this image is associated with, but the but the budget for the off-set facilities must have been tight.

Is it a still taken from a promotional event for the Hong Kong press?.

• Like 1

5 best movie fight scenes of Hong Kong martial arts star Sammo Hung

• Sammo Hung has worked with the likes of Bruce Lee, Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan in a prolific career spanning 200 films and TV shows
  • In honour of his birthday today, we look at the five best fight scenes of a man ‘built like an elephant’ but who ‘moves like a monkey’

Source- https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/entertainment/article/3044851/5-best-movie-fight-scenes-hong-kong-martial-arts-star-sammo

• Like 1

I wonder how Fung Hark On can stay this way on his toes.

Does this style really exist and uses this form of fighting on the toes ? I mean does the Mantis style exist only in movies or really exists in martial arts ?

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I wonder how Fung Hark On can stay this way on his toes.

Does this style really exist and uses this form of fighting on the toes ? I mean does the Mantis style exist only in movies or really exists in martial arts ?

Northern and Southern mantis kung fu really exists (Lo Mang is a famous practitioner of the southern style) but I’m not sure about the footwork.

• Like 3

Posted on https://twitter.com/AsianFilmStrike  on 18 December 2019 -

"Preliminary poster for Sammo Hung's planned military action film The Medal of the Dawn, set to star Nick Cheung, Janice Man & Oho Ou"  The news was also posted at https://cityonfire.com/sammo-hung-is-back-in-the-directors-chair-with-medal-of-the-dawn/?fbclid=IwAR2mpOzsGpzQmRpE08FzsGQxheqVmKeFA4kSKKJqUfl_xJ_EbjsAwFcBkN0 

EMD4THCX0AAQUeN.jpg

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

I don't say it's badly done but .... with all due respect ... it's so incredibly creepy I would not want that thing in my house for all the tea in China.scared scaredy cat GIF by Cheezburger

https://www.ebay.de/itm/HOT-FIGURE-TOYS-1-6-HEADPLAY-Sammo-Hung-headcarving-Kung-fu-star/111451730311?hash=item19f30a7187:g:hscAAOSwDk5UBWBR

sammohead.jpg

Edited by Chu Liu Hsiang
  • Confused 1

On 4/18/2020 at 11:01 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I don't say it's badly done but .... with all due respect ... it's so incredibly creepy I would not want that thing in my house for all the tea in China.scared scaredy cat GIF by Cheezburger

https://www.ebay.de/itm/HOT-FIGURE-TOYS-1-6-HEADPLAY-Sammo-Hung-headcarving-Kung-fu-star/111451730311?hash=item19f30a7187:g:hscAAOSwDk5UBWBR

sammohead.jpg

Don Corlehung😀

• Haha 2

Holy moly! I hope this is the good kinda weight loss??? Looks kinda ill though, will need some getting used too!

• Like 4

Omni Dragon

This looks concerning. I think I might be able to see part of a wheelchair in the last photo.

• Like 1

JackieRome

When I met him in 2016 at that festival in Udine to present The Bodyguard he had clear movement problems. He used a special stick. Nevertheless, his vitality and good looks hadn't changed. I think it's a weight reduction due to some walking problems. Let's hope for all the good things we can do.

• Like 6

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, Omni Dragon said:

This looks concerning. I think I might be able to see part of a wheelchair in the last photo.

I think you're very much right. That does look like a wheelchair.

• Like 2

Graeme Of Death
6 hours ago, DiP said:

Certainly hope so, living legend.

Does look like a wheel chair in that last picture. The guy with the red polo shirt looks like he's resting his right arm on it. And the back of Sammo's chair is different to all the other wooden ones. Just weird seeing him so thin.

Edited by Graeme Of Death
  • Like 1