Sammo Hung

legendarycurry

So Sammo has recently been the recipient of a 'Filmmaker In Focus' award, for which he gave an interview to Hollywood Reporter, which I thought was quite a big deal, because I haven;t seen that many interviews with Western publications from him. I love his deadpan sense of humour, and his assertion that "looking back, many action scenes in my films were quite good"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sammo-hung-50-years-blood-sweat-sacrifice-1191926?fbclid=IwAR2fOKlOdPXKfTMRV48MRgE2qBzvITRO1BAIC_ocoxopZU7rqiof_S9GZ78

• Like 5

What we need is a good, solid Hong Kong action film, the kind that made our mark in the world in the past.

My thoughts exactly Mr Hung,great interview👍👍👍👍

Edited by sym8
  • Like 2

Sammo Hung held a seminar at the 43rd Hong Kong International Film Festival (March 18 to April 1, 2019).  He talked about choreographing Kung Fu Hustle and the state of Hong Kong films.  As for the future on Hong Kong films, he is not hopeful.  "Hong Kong films are hopeless for the next generation.  No one films action movies.  It's different back then.  There was Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung to give hope to the younger ones.  People no longer want to learn martial arts after watching martial arts stars.  Without any movies and without any martial arts movies, what's the point of learning martial arts?  After learning martial arts, they will have to sell roast pork buns the next day for a living."  More at https://www.jaynestars.com/news/sammo-hungs-thoughts-on-the-future-of-hong-kong-movies-it-is-hopeless/

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Here's a double dosebof Sammo Hung screen mayhem, for Kung Fu Fandom reader's/contributor's.

Recently sat down and watched this classic, for the very first time. You can access my full length review, by clicking on the link below, thank you.

TheOddCouple2.jpg

And here's a second review, looking at Magnificent Btucher(1979), which I wrote back in 2017.

Chat(Wai Pak) and Foon(Yuen Biao) show their support for Butcher Wing(Sammo Hung)

Dm2EkOYW0AAoFi0.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

DragonClaws

Sammo Hung with the director and choreogrpaher of Ong-Bak series starring Tony Jaa, Panna Rittikrai.

SammoHung&Panna Rittikrai.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4