Sammo Hung

legendarycurry

Just watched Warriors 2 which I haven’t watched for a few years,it is a true classic and for me his traditional Kung fu movies from this era are far superior to what Jackie was putting out both in terms of story and fight choreography.When it came to straight up kung fu shapes he was the top of the pile,crisp hands and feet and great weapons and he made other actors look fantastic 👍👍👍👍

3E2B22F9-3C02-4DCF-8F61-BEC1979EB801.jpeg

• Like 4

"Hong Kong action cinema legend Sammo Hung has been named the Filmmaker in Focus of the 43rd Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF).  The HKIFF will host a retrospective during the upcoming edition showcasing 10 of Hung's most celebrated works, as well as a 'Face to Face' seminar March 30 where he will share his views and recount his experiences in the film industry.  An accompanying commemorative book will also be published... Hung's contribution to Hong Kong action cinema has been considerable, which is not only evident in the genre's popularity and worldwide influence, but also in the number of accolades he has received... The retrospective at the HKIFF, which will be held from March 18 through April 1 [2019], will feature Hung's action classics as well as dramatic efforts, including Encounters of the Spooky Kind [1980], The Prodigal Son [1981], Winners & Sinners (1982), Eastern Condors (1987), Painted Faces [1988], Eight Taels of Gold (1989) and Ip Man 2 (2010)."  The rest of the Sammo Hung movies restropective movies are The Valiant Ones (1975), Pedicab Driver (1989), and SPL (2005).  Taken from article at https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hong-kong-festival-martial-arts-legend-sammo-hung-named-filmmaker-focus-1176546 and https://www.hkiff.org.hk/news/detail?id=278

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 5

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 1/22/2019 at 9:00 PM, DragonClaws said:

Has this 1977 movie WINNER TAKES ALL ever been released on dvd? I cannot find it (or search at the wrong places).

• Like 2

I just discovered that Sammo has a brother !!

http://www.hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=6619&display_set=eng

And each of his three sons is an actor and they could be twins (I don't know how it's called for three childre who were born on the same day) and the one called Timmy Hung looks like his father in one of the pictures shown on hkmdb.

He is also the father of a daughter, but it seems that she is not an actress.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I too need to find this movie !!! 

Me too, Sammo Hung might be a master of comedy Kung Fu, but Richard Ng is also a master at the art of comedy/comedic fighting too, a real clash of the titans.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

legendarycurry

I wish I could post the video I did where there was a "you know" counter for everytime Sammo said "you know" in his HKL DVD interview. Sadly that video is gone. I'm glad Sammo is still working and that people still post here. It's been a while since I joined these forums but I'm glad to be back :D

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, legendarycurry said:

I'm glad Sammo is still working and that people still post here. It's been a while since I joined these forums but I'm glad to be back :D

Welcome back to the forums @legendarycurry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

I'm glad Sammo is still working and that people still post here. It's been a while since I joined these forums but I'm glad to be back :D

Welcome back "you know" to the forums @legendarycurry.

2 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

I wish I could post the video I did where there was a "you know" counter for everytime Sammo said "you know" in his HKL DVD interview. Sadly that video is gone.

That was your video cool. I didn't know that. Well "you know" I enjoyed that video so very much that "when I was" 23 "years old" I downloaded that video, "you know", because I was worry that "you know" it might get taken down. "You know", I hope you don't mind me reposting it here? 

Well here it is "you know": 

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

legendarycurry
10 minutes ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Welcome back "you know" to the forums @legendarycurry.

That was your video cool. I didn't know that. Well "you know" I enjoyed that video so very much that "when I was" 23 "years old" I downloaded that video, "you know", because I was worry that "you know" it might get taken down. "You know", I hope you don't mind me reposting it here? 

Well here it is "you know": 

I'm so glad you liked it, When I made the video I didn't know how to create a counter onscreen so I manually increased the number of "you knows" by writing a new number every time he said it :)

• Like 4

On 1/23/2019 at 7:00 AM, DragonClaws said:

An underrated comedy. Almost planting the seeds for the type of humour they'd use in the 80s.

• Like 3