How Do You Primarily Watch Your Fu?

SMK

13 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Primarily Watch Your Fu?

• TV
    • Phone
    • Tablet
    • Other
    • Anyway I can

I mentioned in a previous thread that I generally watch all my TV shows and movies (kung fu movies included) on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet, at night when my son and wife are asleep, with earbuds. For me I find this the optimal viewing experience. My tablet has a higher resolution than any of my 1080P TV's in the house. Plus, watching with headphones/earbuds at night, I get to hear things much more clearly and direct, as opposed to having to trying and understand dialogue over other noises that cold be taking place in or around the TV, such as the sound from my AC, kids playing, dogs barking, etc.

I also currently own a Galaxy Note 3, this phone has a 1080 5.5 inch screen, I have watched my fair share of media this way as well. If I had to put it in numbers, I'd say I enjoy TV/Movies;

{TEXT1}70%

{TEXT1}25%

{TEXT1}5%

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mainly on DVD through the computer.

:clappinghands:coveredlaugh

I didn't even have that as an option. I will edit the poll.

My PS3 has a YouTube app so I can watch kung fu movies on my TV. Other than that, I usually watch them on DVD/VCD using my TV.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

I still prefer tv / dvd, but if I have to watch something on my computer besides a scene or two I will. The computer is my least preferred method of viewing though.

When I commute, I use a phone. I will start Vengeance (1970) tonight on the way home. :smile

DragonClaws
I still prefer tv / dvd, but if I have to watch something on my computer besides a scene or two I will. The computer is my least preferred method of viewing though.

When I commute, I use a phone. I will start Vengeance (1970) tonight on the way home. :smile

Great film, might just be my all time favorite Shaw Brothers film. I still need to see many of the Shaw's classics so I could change my mind, and Furious Slaughter comes a close second.

I didn't vote on the poll but I prefer to see films on a big screen. Saying that I have watched some films on my laptop but its just not the same experience. I also find it strains my eyes after an hour so tend to avoid if I can.

Secret Executioner

I didn't vote on the poll but I prefer to see films on a big screen. Saying that I have watched some films on my laptop but its just not the same experience. I also find it strains my eyes after an hour so tend to avoid if I can.

I hear ya. There are movies I've seen on my laptop and at the theater (no Fu but I can think of Iron Man 2 and Once Upon A Time In America), and they always looked much better and were much more enjoyable on the big screen.

shaolin swords

definitley on tv on dvd player for some reason cant watch movies on computer or youtube etc.......but you know me am old school like that lol :coveredlaugh

Drunken Monk

I've kind of put my DVD's to one side at the moment as I'm focusing purely on Blu Rays. I'll go back to DVD's eventually, of course. It's the only way I'll see some classics. But right now, it's all about Blu Rays on my tv. I don't use tablets, laptops or phones to watch kung fu. I suppose I'm a traditionalist.

shaw golden

i used to watch films on disc, but this was along time ago. ive since transferred the majority of my films to mp4 files and stored them on external drives, then playing files back on laptop, using a wireless mouse to navigate then linked  from laptop direct to widescreen TV, to view relaxing on sofa.           Its all about comfort isn't it?

DragonClaws

Still watching films on large T.V screen via DVD/Blu-Ray, I'll never get into seeing a movie on a mobile phone. Why would you subject a lovely widescreen print of a movie, to being shrunk onto some small tech?.

Omni Dragon

I attach a DVD, BD or (less commonly VHS) player(s) or my desktop computer to a TV. I like the picture scaling options on computer software plus being able to take screenshots and converting the music into audio files (like I did with FULL CONTACT the other day:FULL CONTACT Airport Music.mp3)
I don't own a tablet, or phone that would be capable of playing movies and I rarely use my laptop for anything now a days.   
It's a shame I've never actually watched a kung fu movie on film.

DragonClaws
On 19/04/2018 at 11:47 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I don't own a tablet, or phone that would be capable of playing movies and I rarely use my laptop for anything now a days.   
It's a shame I've never actually watched a kung fu movie on film.

I can perfectly understand people who travel a lot using tech to view films, especially when you are spending hours waiting for planes, trains or coaches to turn up etc. However, if you are at home, why not choose a small screen over your own T.V?.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

With the exception of the Shout Big Boss blu ray release, I don't really go out of my way to buy home media at all. I'd rather much spend money on other things, and I don't really have the physical space for that stuff anyway.

I've only ever really considered watching kung fu on a tv screen (flatscreen). And with that requires a near-perfect setup in my opinion. 

The idea of watching kung fu on a computer screen or laptop kind of appalls me, but I could see the use for that some late night half distracted with something else (surfing web). Would almost go as far as to say I dont even care about fight scenes out of the context of the movie, as opposed to the Millions! of youtube viewers watching clips. Would rather wait to buy the film than do that, but we're all probably similar in that aspect. 

Now the idea of watching fu on my phone has brought up new ideas in my head, could be enjoyed in so many more different contexts! Sure small screen but this sounds like it could have amazing potential. I watched every episode of Dr Katz on my ipod touch which was one of the best viewing experiences of my life. 

One Armed Boxer
On 7/25/2015 at 1:32 AM, SMK said:

I really wish you'd included 'Naked' as one of the options.

11 hours ago, Koravec said:

Would almost go as far as to say I dont even care about fight scenes out of the context of the movie, as opposed to the Millions! of youtube viewers watching clips.

Seconded, I have no interest in looking up fight scenes on youtube out of context from the rest of the movie.  As I remember @KUNG FU BOB mentioning in another thread, it's a bit like loving a guitar solo in one of your favorite rock songs, then only bothering to listen to the solo without listening to the rest of it.

Drunken Monk

I'll re-visit fight scenes on YouTube but I won't watch them if I haven't seen the film first. I actually like watching fight scenes I love over and over, especially if the film itself is shit. I also have a penchant for kung fu gif making so that involves watching a lot of individual fight scenes too.

TibetanWhiteCrane
31 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I also have a penchant for kung fu gif making

LOl... now that is niche within a niche within a niche.

Omni Dragon
2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I really wish you'd included 'Naked' as one of the options.

Does it still count as naked if I paint myself first?

se 1.png

Archived