Lau Kar Leung

Guest FrankyLau

5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

From which movie does it come, please?

called Kung fu master a  5 part series he made in singapore in  1996

• Like 4

15 hours ago, rdenn said:

called Kung fu master a  5 part series he made in singapore in  1996

And of course, I guess that it's not available anywhere...

Is it the only series in which he played ? I wasn't aware that he had played in series and this one looks interesting !

• Like 3

this one was never released officially, i only have it on rmvb format, lau kar leung also did spirt of the dragon series based on bruce lee that one is quite easy to find

image.png.3a34a41a3e2d2e48d3ba1c25e492eca1.png

• Like 5

Liu Chia-liang in 1992's The Scorpion King (Aka Operation Scorpio) refusing to be provoked into combat with Korean super kicker Won Jin. Even though this was a while after his days at Shaws, he demonstrates that he has plenty of skill and vitality left in him.

Lau refuse fight.jpg

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 4

You couldn’t be a martial arts hero without honour and a moral code in this director’s eyes (Richard James Havis)

- Lau Kar-leung, a prolific choreographer and actor, also directed 25 martial arts films, and he set the template – ethical heroes, pure action – in a 1976 movie

Link- https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/entertainment/article/3098111/you-couldnt-be-martial-arts-hero-without-honour-and-moral

Image source- Action Director Deluxe (Article) Link- https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/792924.shtml

78d9426b-dad6-49cd-9027-63b35eaf129f.jpeI

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Having just recently watched Ip Man Kung Fu Master,god the Kung fu movie industry is crying out for someone like him.👍

• Like 4

J.J. Hayden

Another screenshot of a scene between Liu Chia-liang and Korean super kicker Won Jin, from 1992's The Scorpion King.

The Scorpion King bench split 3.jpg

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 3

Omni Dragon
On 12/18/2020 at 10:49 AM, DragonClaws said:

I think that interview, through Red Trousers: The Life of the Hong Kong Stuntmen, was my first exposure to Lau.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Asmo said:

Nice @rdenn
Would love to see this in full one day.

If you are interested to get the whole series, I can send you links to a Chinese site where it's available, and to reliable Chinese agents who can help you  to buy from there.

Just to be sure that I don' t give fake hopes to @Asmo, could you confirm that the images you posted are from the series Spirit of the Dragon, @rdenn?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

could you confirm that the images you posted are from the series Spirit of the Dragon, @rdenn?

no its the title i listed above "kung fu master " 1996 from singapore

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rdenn said:

no its the title i listed above "kung fu master " 1996 from singapore

Oh, sorry, i read too quickly, then !

And sorry @Asmo, I talked too much before verifying what I was saying...

I can't find any information on google. @rdenn, do you have the Chinese title, please ? Or know where to find the dvds or vcds ?

• Like 2

Just now, ShawAngela said:

Oh, sorry, i read too quickly, then !

And sorry @Asmo, I talked too much before verifying what I was saying...

I can't find any information on google. @rdenn, do you have the Chinese title, please ? Or know where to find the dvds or vcds ?

Last time we talked about Liu Chia Liang's tv series, it seems to me that we had found only Spirit of the Dragon, hence my mistake. I didn't know that he had played in any other tv series...

• Like 2

So, is there any literature (interviews, articles, etc.) about how Lau Kar-Leung went about starting his solo career as a director? Did he talk to Chang Cheh first to get his blessing? Did they have a falling out? Was it on good terms that they parted ways?

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
13 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

So, is there any literature (interviews, articles, etc.) about how Lau Kar-Leung went about starting his solo career as a director? Did he talk to Chang Cheh first to get his blessing? Did they have a falling out? Was it on good terms that they parted ways?

Definitely not good terms as LKL walked off the set of Marco Polo never to work with CC again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Definitely not good terms as LKL walked off the set of Marco Polo never to work with CC again. 

I'm curious as to how that worked, as they collaborated on The Boxer Rebellion, which came out in early 1976. I wonder what the production schedules were like for those two movies. And I wonder what would have caused the falling out.

• Like 2