DVD and Blu-ray Cover Requests

KUNG FU BOB

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey everybody! :hi

I thought it would be helpful to have a dedicated thread for people to request DVD and Blu-ray covers that they need.

Now I do want to say that I encourage all of you to buy legitimate releases of kung fu and Asian cinema movies (and all films in fact!). But there are times when we lose our originals, or just the covers (I had a bunch of DVD covers ruined by leaking water, but the discs were fine after a careful cleaning), have traded for a movie, or down-loaded some otherwise unavailable movie, and we want a cover for it. So please feel free to request covers that you want here on this thread.

If there is a specific release of the title that you want, make sure to say so. For instance, I have 4 different DVDs of EASTERN CONDORS, each with different covers, and a plethora of Lone Wolf and Cub and DRUNKEN MASTER II releases. So for instance, say "I'm looking for a cover for the EASTERN CONDORS, Hong Kong Legends release."

Then if anybody (myself included) has it, we'll respond here to the person's request, send the scan to SMK, and he will add it to the gallery (accessed via the front page of the site).

For those that would like to contribute scans, we ask that you do the following:

1. Scan at a resolution of 300 DPI.

2. Do not cut off any edges.

3. Try to make sure they are totally flat before scanning. If you gently roll your DVD cover backwards (image side inside the roll) and hold it that way for about 30 seconds, it reduces the kinks where the cover wraps around the spine. If you don't do this, the spine edges often pick up ugly light reflections during the scanning process, and this hurts the integrity of the cover scan. Putting a heavy book on top of the scanner's lid also helps flatten the cover.

Thanks in advance to everyone that contributes. :clappinghands

Now... who needs what?

Awesome. Thank you Kung Fu Bob. I didn't feel comfortable with my requests in the introduction thread. This could definitely use it's own thread. I can share almost any Region 1 Shaw Brothers dvd scan. The only high quality IVL scan I have that isn't already on this site is that for Rivals of Kung Fu if anyone needs it.

I'm in need of IVL scans of That Man In Chang-An & Knight of Knights for starters.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Awesome. Thank you Kung Fu Bob. I didn't feel comfortable with my requests in the introduction thread. This could definitely use it's own thread. I can share almost any Region 1 Shaw Brothers dvd scan. The only high quality IVL scan I have that isn't already on this site is that for Rivals of Kung Fu if anyone needs it.

I'm in need of IVL scans of Jade Raksha & Knight of Knights for starters.

You're welcome brother.

Sorry the JADE RAKSHA one wasn't better. I printed it out for my collection because it was better than nothing. But still... :shaking Maybe we'll both get lucky and someone will post this cover for us.

I didn't pick up KNIGHT OF KNIGHTS because my friend gave me the VCD. It's one of only maybe 5 IVL/Celestial VCDs I have. A shop that was going out of business was selling their VCDs for $1.00 each, so I grabbed a few I hadn't bought on DVD. I couldn't resist.

That sounds like a sweet deal. I edited my request (looks like after you quoted it) because you said you shared Jade Raksha. I don't see it yet, but I'll keep checking back. Thank you very much for sharing.

That sounds like a sweet deal. I edited my request (looks like after you quoted it) because you said you shared Jade Raksha. I don't see it yet, but I'll keep checking back. Thank you very much for sharing.

Working on it now, few more minutes they will be up! :thumbsup

For the next phase of my project I need IVL covers (or these Scorpio covers as they look close enough) for the following:

That Man in Chang-An

Rape of the Sword

Black Butterfly

Knight of Knights

Vengeance of a Snow Girl

Black Enforcer

Well of Doom

Purple Darts

Not sure if a few of these even have official IVL covers, but if anyone can share it would be appreciated.

Thanks to another kung-fu brother, I now have nice scans of a few more IVL Shaw Brothers titles I could share if needed.

Rivals of Kung Fu

Convict Killer

Crazy Shaolin Disciples

Thanks to another kung-fu brother, I now have nice scans of a few more IVL Shaw Brothers titles I could share if needed.

Rivals of Kung Fu

Convict Killer

Crazy Shaolin Disciples

If these are not already on the site, please share them, so I can get them added. Thank you.

post-70414-144199715067_thumb.jpgpost-70414-144199715115_thumb.jpg

3 more IVL scans not on the site yet.

SMK, are any on my above list amongst the hundreds of scans you have yet to add?

post-70414-144199715078_thumb.jpg

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

SMK, are any on my above list amongst the hundreds of scans you have yet to add?

Thanks for that brother! :smile

I just added these to the site. Thank you for sharing.

Before adding the covers, I do resize them, clean them up a bit, get rid of as much of the little speckles of dust/whatever that always shows up on scans, or may even have been on the original cover. Then I slightly filter it a bit, adjusting clarity, contrast, highlights, lower exposure, etc.

Thanks again. Please share what you can if not already on the site, OR if you have a better scan than something that already may be on the site.

You can look at my list under My Shaw Brother's collection and see if there is anything that would help.

Thank you Hei Meigui, I'm good on all those. I appreciate the offer though. If we could get scans of everything on Kung Fu Bob's list though.....Home run!

TheFlyingPanda

I'm looking for the blu-ray cover for Legend of the Wolf (Japanese version)  basically this one, If anyone has or can direct me.

Many thanks!   

81+mFQu--CL._SL1500_.jpg

I miss the days when the 36 Styles site had a ton of covers available for download, any chance of seeing those covers back on the site or here @SMK?

Also, if anyone has or is doing scans of recent Eureka, 88, VS and Arrow releases, sharing here would be cool.

Umbrella, Spectrum and German releases as well, everything MA related actually. 

• Like 2

I agree!  I've been wracking my brain - "What was that site that had all the great kung fu covers??"  I KNEW it was this one, but when I came here, all I found was new merch. so I began to doubt myself.  

BRING BACK THE COVERS Please!🙏 I need just a few.   

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 9:10 AM, ezlrockwell said:

I agree!  I've been wracking my brain - "What was that site that had all the great kung fu covers??"  I KNEW it was this one, but when I came here, all I found was new merch. so I began to doubt myself.  

BRING BACK THE COVERS Please!🙏 I need just a few.   

I might help you with that, DM me.

• Like 1