Gordon Liu

Hei Meigui

2 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I can maybe see their side of it if I came rolling in, dick first, and acted as an obnoxious know-it-all. But that was never the case. I first reached out gauging their interest. Then maybe follow up with a sample, all of which I had sources and "receipts" for. And always respectful and clearly conveying I was just there to help. 

But yeah, most of them were being elitist assholes in their own little world. Oh, well.... good luck with that.

The only good thing I found when I checked imdb from time to time, it's that they sometimes show the names under which the movies were released in several countries. These informations aren't shown on hkmdb or hkcinemagic.

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
8 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

The only good thing I found when I checked imdb from time to time, it's that they sometimes show the names under which the movies were released in several countries. These informations aren't shown on hkmdb or hkcinemagic.

Yes, this is useful, it now allows you to enter the Chinese titles too, so I added a few here and there, but can't do the Korean titles. This can make things difficult to find it in the original language, they're missing a trick there.

• Like 3

Here's a photo of Gordon from last year. He's looking much better and today, Gordon celebrates his 71st birthday!

gordon-liu-5.jpg?itok=OcL3qe6P

• Like 5

My apology if this would be a re-post, but searching through various Kung-Fu stuff on Youtube I think I accidentally found a rare (Ithink) TV Show from 1999 starring Gordon Liu.

Youtube has it under the name "Chinese Kung-Fu" and lists totally different actors (maybe on purpose, this Chinese Drama uploaders can be very tricky), but promo poster (especially actress wearing glasses, rarity in historical drama) on Dramalist suggests it's "Fist of Hero" from 1999 (https://mydramalist.com/photos/YyNqA)

Edit: Also, I think Moon Lee was playing here (and she is the one wearing glasses), Youtube even has some clips with her from this.

Edited by Whoishe
  • Like 2