Gordon Liu

Hei Meigui

Li Bing Yuan from the above clip reminds me of Gordon Liu when he was young and when Gordon puts his fingers in his neck and he blocks them, he looks a little bit like Chen Kuan Tai too !

• Like 2

Just another photo to add on to those of Chu Liu Siang.  I know Lau Kar Fai had a stroke in 2011 and was not doing well.  Some 8 years later on his birthday, he smiles and looks to be doing much better.  Lau seemed to have gained back some of the weight he lost during his time in the hospital and early recovery.  Best wishes to him.

laukarfai8.24.19.jpg

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

He seems to have improved a lot. I'm so glad. He's great. He's passed the 36th shaolin room and he'll pass this one definitely.

• Like 6

J.J. Hayden
1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

When will people stop using IMDB for Chinese names..... uuurgh.

I recently spent some time improving the IMDBs Korean and Hong Kong data but they don't make it easy, which is good, except it seems that it wasn't so in the past, so lots crap was easily entered and correcting it now is made quite difficult. I've taken a brake for a bit to relieve my frustration (and to do other research).

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
12 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

I recently spent some time improving the IMDBs Korean and Hong Kong data but they don't make it easy, which is good, except it seems that it wasn't so in the past, so lots crap was easily entered and correcting it now is made quite difficult. I've taken a brake for a bit to relieve my frustration (and to do other research).

I used to supply IMDB with tons of info and corrections back in the day when they were receptive to it. Then they made it almost impossible, and later on I noticed all the stuff I had provided was gone.... so fuck them. 

Tried the same for HKMDB, they just ignored me..... fine, fuck them too.

Tried for a few other film databases, but everytime you just hit a brick wall of either indifference or outright annoyance or hostility and just get ignored. I guess weak people like that don't like "people telling them how to do their job", which of course wasn't the case, but that's probably how they saw it. 

Not wasting my time with that again.

What's weird is, places like the IMDB trivia section is often 50-70% pure bullshit for some films. Don't know who's supplying that or how they get it cleared, but it stays on there as fact.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

J.J. Hayden
1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Tried for a few other film databases, but everytime you just hit a brick wall of either indifference or outright annoyance or hostility and just get ignored. I guess weak people like that don't like "people telling them how to do their job", which of course wasn't the case, but that's probably how they saw it.

I hear that brother, we're in the same boat, lol. I think a lot of it comes down to elitism, how could anybody possibly know something they don't about a film, sometimes I think they're just too lazy to do the most basic of research. I'm convinced that 90% of the time they just look at Wikipeida, "If it's not on Wikipedia it can't possibly be true", lol.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
40 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

I hear that brother, we're in the same boat, lol. I think a lot of it comes down to elitism, how could anybody possibly know something they don't about a film, sometimes I think they're just too lazy to do the most basic of research. I'm convinced that 90% of the time they just look at Wikipeida, "If it's not on Wikipedia it can't possibly be true", lol.

I can maybe see their side of it if I came rolling in, dick first, and acted as an obnoxious know-it-all. But that was never the case. I first reached out gauging their interest. Then maybe follow up with a sample, all of which I had sources and "receipts" for. And always respectful and clearly conveying I was just there to help. 

But yeah, most of them were being elitist assholes in their own little world. Oh, well.... good luck with that.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 2