Gordon Liu

Hei Meigui

OK my eyes must be going bad! How can we have the 36 styles forum and NOT have a thread for Gordon Liu??!! Unless I missed something the only thread I saw was the one where it was discussed about his stroke. (I'm still trying to find out more information about his status currently)

Gordon Liu - Liu Chia-Hui, birth name Xian Jinxi; born August 22, 1955. I am going to put together some information on him to fill out this thread. And steer me in the right direction if I missed a thread about him. :thumbsup

http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?i ... ay_set=eng

• Like 3

I am going to put together some information on him to fill out this thread. And steer me in the right direction if I missed a thread about him. :thumbsup

Please do. Long overdue. :thumbsup

• Like 2

Secret Executioner

How can we be Shaolin place and even have a Gordon Liu shirt design yet no topic on him ? How disappointing.

• Like 2

How can we be Shaolin place and even have a Gordon Liu shirt design yet no topic on him ? How disappointing.

No not disappointing!! His story was just waiting to be written down! He's all over the place, just look at him looking out for us with so many little Gordon avatars!! :coveredlaugh You know that the Chinese are modest - he was not wanting too much attention on himself!! :rofl

It's okay his time has come!!

He's here to kick butt!! Here's a teaser

• Like 2

Secret Executioner

No not disappointing!! His story was just waiting to be written down! He's all over the place, just look at him looking out for us with so many little Gordon avatars!! :coveredlaugh You know that the Chinese are modest - he was not wanting too much attention on himself!! :rofl

:rofl:clappinghands That was a good one.

• Like 2

Okay I have a few things to post today about Gordon Liu. I found an old CNN interview (wish I could have found the video for it) It has the transcript. It was right after he made Kill Bill.

Here is the link. (I'm taking a little too much pleasure in some of the comments about Quentin Tarantino :coveredlaugh )

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/09/05/talkasia.gordonliu/#cnnSTCText

I also found a two part interview of him talking about making films and how he feels about the characters, acting, his fans and his history. These have movie clips to help show what he was talking about.

These did trip me out a bit as he would sometimes insert an English word of phrase and it made me think I could suddenly understand Cantonese!!

Interview Part 1

Part 2

• Like 2

Movie time!! (bad quality but a movie none the less!!)

Breakout From Oppression (1978, HK)

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=5893&display_set=eng

(it is also dated as 1973 in some listings and has the same title as a Godfrey Ho film of the same time) This is also called Deadly Strike.

Starring: Liu Chia Hui (Gordon Liu),Paul Chun, Dean Shek, Fung Hak-On, Li Lin-Lin. Directed by: Liu Chia Hui, Liu Chia-Liang, Yang Fan

This is one of Gordon's earliest movies, and one that was directed by Gordon, his brother Liu Chia-Liang, and Yang Fan.

Gordon plays Tsao Chan a mailman who has a series of mishaps which lead him to stumbling upon a murder scene. His decision to investigate the murders gets him involved in a conflict with some local workers and their oppressive boss. This leads to him teaming up with those who appear to be the murderers, but are they, or are they really victims also? Did I say that oil can be used as a attack defense tactic!!?? :laugh you'll have to watch and see!!

(yea I'm kinda stingy on the description info!!) All you need to know is that Gordon is in it!! A very young Gordon!

Enjoy!

This is one for you Dubb fans!!

• Like 2

shaolin swords

don't know if you saw this I posted about this on this forum a while ago because I was looking for the tv series its called mantis kid staring godon liu and lo meng heres the only clip I can find about it ENJOY

• Like 3

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
[attachment=0]GordonLiu36.png[/attachment]

Love it SMK.

• Like 2

Love it SMK.

Thank you. Is this more of a Gordon Liu Appreciation Thread? I can post more images and videos I've created featuring GL.

• Like 2

Secret Executioner

He's here to kick butt!! Here's a teaser

Really nice clip here. :cool

• Like 2

Thank you. Is this more of a Gordon Liu Appreciation Thread? I can post more images and videos I've created featuring GL.

Abbot this is an all things Gordon Liu thread!! Please share :nodding

• Like 2

A Wonderful Interview from Gordon IN ENGLISH!! He's talking about his love of film and spreading the word of the spirit of Kung Fu!!

and here is a Fan created Music Video taken from the interview.

Here are the many faces of Liu! (actually a nice little site for avatars!! :wink )

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/gallery.asp?fid=&pid=105&type=0&id=15559

• Like 2

I don't Like Dubbs but I do like Gordon!! Here is Warrior from Shaolin

• Like 2

I don't Like Dubbs but I do like Gordon!! Here is Warrior from Shaolin

I love those CLASSIC dubs. The voice used for Gordon here, definitely not the same one used for him in many of his SB films, especially The 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

• Like 2

I love those CLASSIC dubs. The voice used for Gordon here, definitely not the same one used for him in many of his SB films, especially The 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

Another Dubb :thinking

Shaolin Kids in Hong Kong

• Like 2

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

That English interview is from the documentary Top Fighter. Always nice to see.

You've probably seen this already Hei...but posting in case you have not. :smile

• Like 2

That English interview is from the documentary Top Fighter. Always nice to see.

You've probably seen this already Hei...but posting in case you have not. :smile

Thanks Lady, no I hadn't seen it.

• Like 2