A couple of trailers from a Greek VHS

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Here's something interesting. Not just because it's from a Greek VHS (ie with Greek subs), but also due to the very odd pairing: the first trailer is for a lousy 1985 Filmark Ninja film called Ninja Project Daredevils* AKA Ninja Masters Of Death that inserts White people in yellow and purple Ninja suits in what looked like a very well-made and touching Korean movie set during the war of the early 1950s. The (really cool) second trailer is for a major fan favorite, and something completely different: none other than Jackie Chan's Armor Of God.

*Not to be confused with the 1986 Godfrey Ho-directed, IFD film Project Ninja Daredevils AKA Ninja The Protector (one of the many Godfrey Ho titles featuring Richard Harrison).

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

Loved the the IFD trailer with the classic voice over. At the end of the preview it said coming to a theatre near you. Did they actually give this film a theatrical release in Greece?.

Secret Executioner
Loved the the IFD trailer with the classic voice over. At the end of the preview it said coming to a theatre near you. Did they actually give this film a theatrical release in Greece?.

It's actually a Filmark movie, not IFD. And I guess it's merely the international/English language trailer with Greek subs, so who knows... I'm actually wondering how many of these movies ACTUALLY got released theatrically and if some/how many were DTV releases.

DragonClaws

Nearly always get those companies mixed up Secret Executioner.

I was always under the impression the IFD/Filmark movies were only released on video in the west?. When Godfrey Ho attended a New York film festival in the early 80's, Enter The Ninja was making a big impression on the then booming video market. He said this inspired him to go back to HK and switch to making Ninja flicks with the intention of releasing them on video. Maybe some titles did get a theatrical release in certain markets?.

Secret Executioner
Nearly always get those companies mixed up Secret Executioner.

I was always under the impression the IFD/Filmark movies were only released on video in the west?. When Godfrey Ho attended a New York film festival in the early 80's, Enter The Ninja was making a big impression on the then booming video market. He said this inspired him to go back to HK and switch to making Ninja flicks with the intention of releasing them on video. Maybe some titles did get a theatrical release in certain markets?.

I've seen scans of French theatrical posters for Ninja: Silent Assassin and Hitman The Cobra (not a Ninja film but a war film - still one of those cut-and-splice movies directed by Godfrey Ho for IFD nonetheless). I also read that Ninja American Warrior had a (very limited) theatrical run in France.

DragonClaws

I've seen scans of French theatrical posters for Ninja: Silent Assassin and Hitman The Cobra (not a Ninja film but a war film - still one of those cut-and-splice movies directed by Godfrey Ho for IFD nonetheless). I also read that Ninja American Warrior had a (very limited) theatrical run in France.

Thanks for clearing that one up SE. I don't think the the cut & past ninja films got a U.K theatrical release, not that I know of. There must have been a bigger market for these film in France at the time?.

Archived