Inn Of Evil 65'

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Here is an early film with Tatsuya Nakadai and Shintaro Katsu on screen together. Tatsuya is THE badass in this film and Shintaro is the drunken stranger who insists on drinking at the Inn Of Evil (Easy Pace Inn or something to that is what they actually refer to as the IOE). This movie is highly entertaining with Tatsuya as a stressed out bandit of a gang who owns and operates this Inn and takes some humiliating treatment from a few characters in the film. But they get what's coming to 'em. Shintaro is an utter worshipper of wine who's always drunk, comes to drink at this Inn, even though it's a gang members only establishment. The action is well paced throughout the storyline (though there could've been a little more of it) and sprinkled with some very amusing character interplay especially on Tatsuya's and Shintaro's scenes. I'm not gonna give anything away, but I was disappointed with Shintaro's ultimate purpose in the film, and the ending is somewhat anti-climatic. However, this film is a must have for any Tatsuya Nakadai fan and Shintaro is positively drenched in his character's role.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest steve hubbell

The thing that made this a must buy DVD for me was the fact that it was directed by Masaki Kobayash, of Hara-Kiri (Seppeku) and Samurai Rebellion fame.

I was definitely not disappointed when I watched it either.

Archived