Time Slot For Fu Cinema? (When Do You Watch?)

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Simple: do you have a favorite moment (a season in the year, a day in the week or even a part of the day) for your Fu cinema ? :movie

Personally, I've watched Fu in the evening during the week, but the majority of my Fu watches have occured Sunday afternoon or in the afternoon on Holidays. :party

How 'bout you friends ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally usually watch all my TV and Movies at night, on my tablet when my wife and son are asleep.

But, when I had El Rey this past week, during a Free Preview Week, I was watching movies randomly, because I left it on the channel while I was working. But because I was working, it's just having it on for background noise.

I also watch videos/movies when I do the treadmill. Watching a movie is a great motivator to try and stay on the treadmill for the duration of the movie.

The Taiji Pirate

Any time is a good time :) But still.. I find that at 3 am, strange films seem even stranger.

For example, I was watching My Young Auntie late the other night, and the costume party sword fight scene was especially entertaining!

post-70411-144199714999_thumb.jpg

shaolin swords

well for me sad to say as time gos by i been watching less and less kung fu for movies :sad but still got the passion and watch a flick from to time to time so far me its all depends on how I feel for that day really don't got a time

Secret Executioner
Any time is a good time :) But still.. I find that at 3 am, strange films seem even stranger.

For example, I was watching My Young Auntie late the other night, and the costume party sword fight scene was especially entertaining!

[attachment=0]myyoungauntie1.jpg[/attachment]

Welcome to the Chamber. :hi

Hei Meigui

Kung Fu time is between 1am and 3am! I really should go to bed sooner!

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Right now it's limited to my commutes, lunch hour, evenings or weekends.

I wish my cable network had El Rey.

I wish my cable network had El Rey.

If money is no object for you :smile , or you could afford to spend an extra $20 per month, you can sign up for Sling TV and have access to EL Rey Network and many other LIVE TV channels. You can get the app on a Phone, Tablet, Smart TV, even media streaming boxes like Amazon Fire TV, Roku and more.

Here is an article about Sling TV here.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

If money is no object for you :smile , or you could afford to spend an extra $20 per month, you can sign up for Sling TV and have access to EL Rey Network and many other LIVE TV channels. You can get the app on a Phone, Tablet, Smart TV, even media streaming boxes like Amazon Fire TV, Roku and more.

Here is an article about Sling TV here.

Thanks for the reminder SMK. I may eventually look into this, but for now, I am hopeful Celestial will politely move their digital rumps and post more at iTunes etc. Even though I prefer owning hard copies, if digital is the only way to own so be it.

DragonClaws

I can watch them at most times but rarely watch films in the morning unless its the early hours. Some times prefer to watch them late at night. I got into this habit after seeing many old school films on late night British T.V. They always used to be screened after midnight back in the 90's.

Usually evening, unless it's raining or I'm dead tired and don't feel like getting out I might watch something in the afternoon. I usually get a movie going once I sit down to eat dinner.

BiggWill1988

^ Lol i know you mean, when challenges arise I try to handle it like a charcter in one of the movies would. I dont mean like fighting people. I mean like how they mentally would handle it. Theres tons of gems of philosphy dropped in alot of the movies I like to write down when i hear a character hear them then apply them if need be

Guest Anonymous
^ Lol i know you mean, when challenges arise I try to handle it like a charcter in one of the movies would. I dont mean like fighting people. I mean like how they mentally would handle it. Theres tons of gems of philosphy dropped in alot of the movies I like to write down when i hear a character hear them then apply them if need be

We must be virtuous and only fight when necessary. Kung Fu isn't for killing, it's for self defense. I live in the martial world every day and often times it is a lonely life but it is my destiny.

We must be virtuous and only fight when necessary. Kung Fu isn't for killing, it's for self defense. I live in the martial world every day and often times it is a lonely life but it is my destiny.

I can surely respect that. :thumbsup

I watch them whenever it's convenient for me. I haven't been watching alot of movies as of lately, mainly American TV shows.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Usually late at night during the week, after my wife goes to bed. Since she's not really into them (though she'll still watch one if it's something exceptional that I recommend) and I like to spend most of my time with her, that's the best time. Plus, no interruptions. :clappinghands

Usually Saturday mornings when I wake up and occasionally Saturday nights. After all, since we don't have Saturday morning cartoons anymore, I replace it with the fu! The kids don't mind LOL Sometimes, they'll even sit with me and watch it. Sometimes Sunday nights as well. 

Secret Executioner

Couldn't (shouldn't ?) this and the "peak times" thread by OKFC be merged ? I initially created this here thread as a SC36 equivalent to OKFC's Kung Fu Cinema thread.

i try to watch in the evenings, once the Mrs has fallen off to sleep on the sofa, she's  not into Kung Fu Movies:monk_raging:Or I wait for the weekends, but i'm not watching as much as I used to!

bless

For me it is when the time permits it - which is usually on the weekend afternoons.

Other times I am watching something else.

Archived