Any more Chiba films from Adness?

Guest kungfusamurai

Guest kungfusamurai

I don't recall if there have been any Sonny Chiba DVD releases since Adness put out The Executioner in October of last year. Are there any plans for further Chiba releases? Films like Karate Warriors, The Bodyguard (1 and 2) and Dragon Princess still have only been released on bootlegs. I'd love to see those flicks in their digitally remastered widescreen glory.

KFS

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yakuza954

I'm not exactly sure, but from the recently posted interview with Cliff MacMillan it sounded like he was the main man responsible for putting those titles out with Adness, and now that he's had a change of scenery he'll be releasing similar titles with BCI Eclipse instead.

And that for a film "Bodyguard 2"? I did not even hear about such, looked the first part with english dub, strange film. There as early as began two karate-man argue, who is cooler is Sonny of Chiba or Bruce Lee. If it is possible, give please link about "Bodyguard 2"

Guest morgoth

Oh man I hope Dragon Princess comes out widescreened and remastered. But I would retitle the move as Bruce Lee Meets Female Karate Dogfighter.

Guest Daisho2004

Sonny Chiba: The SAMURAI COLLECTION The SAMURAI COLLECTION presents three action-packed samurai films starring Japanese martial arts legend Sonny Chiba. In G.I. SAMURAI (1979), a Japanese army unit warps itself 400 years back in time and ends up facing an army of samurai warriors. In LEGEND OF THE EIGHT SAMURAI (1984), a princess whose clan is destroyed by an army of phantom warriors bands together with eight masterless samurai to defeat the ghostly swordsmen. And in NINJA WARS (1984), a ruthless warlord enlists the help of an evil wizard and his five monk warriors in an effort to seduce a beautiful princess and win control of Japan.

Cast & Crew

Star Sonny Chiba, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hiroko Yakushimaru

Release Details

Features DVD Features:

Archived