Fist of Fury Ultimate Edition

BiggWill1988

legendarycurry

I was unable to get the link to work, but if it is the "Cineasia" version then that is actually the same version as the HKL Platinum Edition. I think the never before seen aspect is the fact that it contains the nunchacku scenes that were previously censored in the UK, so the UK HKL version was unique in that it gave UK audiences a chance to see those censored scenes hence "never before seen". The release is also digitally restored and remastered so it also presents a audio and video experience that is better than mosts versions up until that release. so it presents the film in a previously never before seen format (I believe the original single disc Hkl release was the UK DVD premere?) which might further add to the whole "never before seen" aspect.

Hope this helped.

• Like 1

BiggWill1988

Thanks for the info, I did hear alot of the nunchuck scenes were cut out in other countries. I have a Fists of Fury 2 dvd with the nunchuck scene cut out and I have a Dragon Lee one also with the nunchucks cut out, well the thumbchuck he used in the case. I hate when they do that they shoulda just left them in. I understand people were watching the movies and trying to do them and get hurt but hey the movies were not telling the people to go and do that

• Like 1

I recently took a look at an Australian site that sells this country blu ray releases of Bruce Lee's movies and I noticed that in the features of Fist of fury, it says "alternate opening" and "alternate ending". Does it mean that there is another end for this movie and a different beginning as the one showing Yip Man's funerals and Bruce's arrival at the school ?!

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Does it mean that there is another end for this movie and a different beginning as the one showing Yip Man's funerals and Bruce's arrival at the school ?!

Huo Yuan Jia... not Yip Man.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I recently took a look at an Australian site that sells this country blu ray releases of Bruce Lee's movies and I noticed that in the features of Fist of fury, it says "alternate opening" and "alternate ending". Does it mean that there is another end for this movie and a different beginning as the one showing Yip Man's funerals and Bruce's arrival at the school ?!

It probably refers to different language credits.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Huo Yuan Jia... not Yip Man.

Argh, yes, Sorry for the mistake, it was very late when I wrote yesterday!

• Like 1