Dance Of Death (1979)

kevenz

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Lo Wei directed Shaolin Wooden Men(1976). I think Jackie Chan's first film with Chen Chi-Hwa, was Face Behind the Mask(1977)?.

The HKMDB lists Chen as the executive director of Shaolin Wooden Men, so I'll assume their working relationship/friendship started around there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DrNgor said:

The HKMDB lists Chen as the executive director of Shaolin Wooden Men, so I'll assume their working relationship/friendship started around there.

Thanks for pointing that out, that looks like their first collaboration then. Unless there are some other earlier movies they worked on. That have yet to be listed on the HKMDB?.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed seeing Angela Mao take on a a different role, both in character and choreography. A light-hearted, goofy Jackie-type character with lots of slap stick fighting to match - with plenty of Ms. Maos trademark boot work mixed in of course. 

The fights throughout were good (choreographed by Jackie himself and Peng Kang!), especially during the final stretch. I thought the comedy was better than what you usually get from movies like this. Plot was silly, and of course no one knew Maos character was a girl throughout the entire film… lol!

Great “shut your brain off” flick.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, paimeifist said:

choreographed by Jackie himself and Peng Kang

First time I heard this. If it's no secret, could you share the source of this info? 

:bs_martialgreeting:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

First time I heard this. If it's no secret, could you share the source of this info? 

Jackie Chan's involvement has always been a known fact. It even showed up in the 1997 book Jackie Chan: Inside the Dragon.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page (https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=8974&display_set=eng), you'll see Peng Kang's name as an assistant martial arts director.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Jackie Chan's involvement has always been a known fact. It even showed up in the 1997 book Jackie Chan: Inside the Dragon.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page (https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=8974&display_set=eng), you'll see Peng Kang's name as an assistant martial arts director.

I even went and checked the hkmdb page before posting and missed that, thanks.

Guess it was the usual master-apprentice collaboration of sort? Senior, well versed in the arts and young blood working under him to pick up the skills?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

I even went and checked the hkmdb page before posting and missed that, thanks.

Guess it was the usual master-apprentice collaboration of sort? Senior, well versed in the arts and young blood working under him to pick up the skills?

Angela Mao's escapes a massacre and has to find two masters in order to get her revenge. Each of them has his style and they are struggling in order to know whose style is the best (as in Odd couple), if I remember well, but they finally team up to help her in the last fight, still if I remember well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Angela Mao's escapes a massacre and has to find two masters in order to get her revenge. Each of them has his style and they are struggling in order to know whose style is the best (as in Odd couple), if I remember well, but they finally team up to help her in the last fight, still if I remember well.

Sorry @ShawAngela, perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm familiar with the plot, I have seen the movie, I have the Rarescope release.

I was referring to Jackie and his team of assistants, primarily Peng Kang, thinking he must have been working under Jackie in order to master the tools of the trade.

• Like 3