A Question About The Victim

Asmo

Hello.

Would anyone happen to know if any releases of this film on VHS, VCD or LD (if it ever received an LD release) contained the English theatrical subtitles?

The only DVD releases that I know of either contain English dubtitles or no subtitles at all.

Cheers.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello.

Would anyone happen to know if any releases of this film on VHS, VCD or LD (if it ever received an LD release) contained the English theatrical subtitles?

The only DVD releases that I know of either contain English dubtitles or no subtitles at all.

Cheers.

legendarycurry

hi!

Do you mean burnt-in theatrical chinese/english subs? I have not seen any version of The Victim that has that actually. The version I have is the Eastern heroes DVD release.

Hi!

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. I never have either, but I'm just curious if such a version exists. I have the eastern heroes release too, but I've heard that it's dubtitled.

The Eastern Heroes DVD out of the UK has English subtitles, but I don't know if they are the original theatrical ones, although I would think so.

The Eastern Heroes DVD out of the UK has English subtitles, but I don't know if they are the original theatrical ones, although I would think so.

Thanks for the reply. They seem to be dubtitles, or at least I've heard that from a few people.

The German company NEW released The Victim widescreen with the following languages: Cantonese, English, Deutsch and with English subtitles.

post-2-144199714845_thumb.jpg

Screenshot from film

post-2-144199714848_thumb.png

Thanks for the reply. They seem to be dubtitles, or at least I've heard that from a few people.

Now that I look they should actually be remastered subs because they used their VHS release as the source for their DVD.

It's possible that they are, but they apparently lean awfully close to the English dub track. I have no problem with that if the English dubbers were faithful to the Cantonese audio where possible.

Thanks for that SMK. I've heard good and bad things about the NEW release. Some have said it's just a port of the Eastern Heroes release, so if that's the case it might have the same subs.

I'm just curious as I might try to work on something in regards to The Victim, just trying to see what source materials are out there.

Thanks again!

I dont know but I have several versions of this gem,one is the made in Hongkong UK vhs tape..the movie is cantonese and has burnt in subs.. I dont know if these are the theatrical subs though...

I dont know but I have several versions of this gem,one is the made in Hongkong UK vhs tape..the movie is cantonese and has burnt in subs.. I dont know if these are the theatrical subs though...

Thanks for the information, Frank. I could post a couple of lines from the Eastern Heroes DVD to compare, or I think that version is on YouTube.

Archived