Ho Chung Tao

SMK

This is the best print I've ever seen of The Fists of Bruce Lee(1979), even though it's far from perfect. I own a bootleg DVD that looks it's a 9th generation copy, with a washed out and faded grainy image.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

The Man/The Myth and onward is when Ho's onscreen fighting ability improved dramatically. His fighting was cringe worthy in those early  70s flicks like Dragon Dies Hard and Exit the Dragon/Enter the Tiger. The one with Paul Smith as the villain wasn't bad though.

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 3

ChineseSausage
On 10/7/2015 at 12:12 PM, sym8 said:

He made some great films.The first one I saw was exit the dragon enter the tiger but my favourites are lama avenger,Chinese stuntman and the tiger strikes again with lo mang and Carl Scott great entertainment

I saw the later two during the "Bruce Lee week" on local TV station, many years ago.

• Like 2

ChineseSausage
On 9/21/2018 at 12:55 AM, DragonClaws said:

Bruceploitation106.jpg

I have a DVD release of this film which I found years ago. I also bought The Iron Dragon Strikes Back, both from Goldig FIlms. It's the best commercial DVD of Storming Attacks print I've seen so far, not fully widescreen though.

• Like 2

ChineseSausage
On 9/24/2018 at 8:56 AM, DragonClaws said:

Very cool rare trailer! I hope there was a similar quality print of the whole movie!

• Like 2

ChineseSausage
On 5/18/2019 at 2:34 PM, DragonClaws said:

One of these stills isnt from Lee Tso Nam's Fist Of Fury 2, unless it's a poster for a Ho Chung Tao double bill?.

HoChungTao52.jpg

Most definitely not. They attached that Return Of The Tiger picture by mistake.

• Like 2

Actor Ho Chung Tao as Bruce Lee in this movie about wing chun. Grandmaster Lo Man Kan as his teacher, master, in the movie play chi sao. I dig this from my old vhs,vcr tape. Nice performance of wing chun training.

• Like 1

Looking at the clip " Bruce Li father of jeet kune do " above, I noticed that the credits mention " starring Bruce Lee ". I wonder how come the fans didn't protest, how come Bruce Li didn't protest either and how come Bruce's family didn't sue the producers for cheating people my mentioning Bruce Lee as the star of a movie in which he doesn't played.

I got the dvd of Top Fighter and began to watch it. Someone in this thread said " poor Ho Chung Tao " regarding the fact that he was only considered as a double for Bruce Lee after this latter's death, and in this dvd, in a short interview, he says something like " the producers christianed me as Bruce Li, "L" "I", and I didn't like it. I could impersonate him, but I'm not him ". Poor guy, indeed. I wonder in how many sequels of Fist of fury he would have played in if he hadn't put a stop to this, guessing that it's him who put a stop to it...

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Had an opportunity to see a 35mm print of The Real Bruce Lee recently that was never released. It contained some extra footage and narration around the Bruce Lee/Fox audition so was cut before general theatrical exhibition for obvious legal reasons at the time. So, if released on Blu-ray would become a debut of the director’s cut of the film. Be pretty great in 2k, right?

Source- https://www.facebook.com/bruceploitation/

The Clones Cast – The Real Bruce Lee (1973) – Ep #17

Link- https://screenmayhem.com/the-clones-cast-the-real-bruce-lee-1973-ep-17/

Image source- http://www.videocollector.co.uk/real-bruce-lee-the/27206

real-bruce-lee-the-18963l.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

ShawAngela
On 2/23/2020 at 7:28 PM, DragonClaws said:

For me, it doesn't look like Bruce Lee nor Bruce Li, but rather like Carter Wong !!

• Like 2

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

For me, it doesn't look like Bruce Lee nor Bruce Li, but rather like Carter Wong !!

20141122-vlcsnap-2014-11-22-22h19m22s142.jpg

• Like 1

ShawAngela
29 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

20141122-vlcsnap-2014-11-22-22h19m22s142.jpg

So ? You agree with me or not ?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
3 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

So ? You agree with me or not ?

When he's sporting the Bruce Lee hair style, it does a look a bit like him. When I think of Carter Wong the actor, I always think of him having the long haired look. Like the one he sport's in Born Invincible.

• Like 2