Ho Chung Tao

SMK

The Ming Patriot's(1976) Directed by Ulysses Au-Yeung Jun(Big Land, Flying Eagles).

With high-kicking Martial Arts sensation Chia Ling co-starring.

HoChungTao19.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

81ubRdxN67L._RI_.jpg

The first Bruce Li film I saw and loved it at the time(now not so much)how times and tastes change.Still love a lot of his stuff though,especially Lama avenger,Tiger strikes again(soul brothers of Kung fu)and Chinese stuntman.👍👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sym8 said:

The first Bruce Li film I saw and loved it at the time(now not so much)how times and tastes change.Still love a lot of his stuff though,especially Lama avenger,Tiger strikes again(soul brothers of Kung fu)and Chinese stuntman.👍👍

First time I saw the video at a rental store, I thought it was some sort of sequel to ETD, this was before you could search a movie on google.

Who can I-D this movie?.

rvAKGR8.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

First time I saw the video at a rental store, I thought it was some sort of sequel to ETD, this was before you could search a movie on google.

Who can I-D this movie?.

rvAKGR8.png

Tiger strikes again(soul brothers of Kung fu),Bruce Li v Lo Mang I think.

• Like 3

While looking the pages of Bruce Li on ebay, I found the comments of a seller selling Return of the tiger.

I hope that it's not forbidden to have copied them and pasted them here ; sorry, I didn't remove all what concerns the dvd he sells only.

I wasn't aware of what he says about Bruce Li's career and his wife's death.

Does anyone can confrim what he says revarding this matter ?

Here are the comments :

RETURN OF THE TIGERSTARRING BRUCE LEE ITEM BRAND NEW SEALEDPLEASE NOTE REGION 2 MAY NOT PLAY OUTSIDE EUROPE TO DO SO WILL NEED A MULTI REGION PLAYER ( REGION FREE PLAYER) PLEASE CHECK COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BIDDING THANKS.OK... As Bruceploitation movies go, this isn'tthat bad. A least it has a plot... and that hassomething to do with gangsters and 10 kilosof heroin...It is the sequel to, Exit the Dragon, and Enterthe Tiger, but not really... the former was aBruce Lee cash in and rip off, but here it isBruce Li/or/Le, but not Dragon Lee, playingan undercover cop, who infiltrates a gangrun by a Bud Spencer look-a-like,, Paul Smith,who went on to have quite a good career...All-in-all, a good Brucie Leeees movie...Ho Chung Tao, better known as Bruce Li. A great Taiwanese martial artist, excelling in gymnastics, wing chun, taekwondo, among others. unfortunately for him, he bared a close resemblance to his hero, the legendary Bruce Lee, and when he met director Jimmy Shaw after Bruce's untimely death, he was quickly cristened Bruce Li and the rest is history, good or bad. now, rewind to 1979 when jimmy shaw directed bruce li, angela mao(as mao ying)and paul smith(soon to be brutus alongside robin williams and shelly duval in 1980's "popeye") in RETURN OF THE TIGER. Bruce Li really shines in this flic, as usual when he wasnt forced to copy bruce lee. this time its pure ho chung tao, pulling out all the stops, and showing off his fine gymnastics in a humorus scene in which he rubs baby oil on himself to evade and humiliate a very large opponent. angela(ying) mao also shines(as always) as Li's beautiful and dangerous sidekick. LI and Mao are undercover narcotic agents out to stop a big time heroin dealer,paul(paul smith) who we discover early on was also responcible for chang ho(bruce li)'s father. chang is determined to avenge his father and bring down pauls karate school, night club, and currupt movie business which was the front for his heroin trade. the action is incredible, and dont let the bad dubbing (standard for all 70's kung fu flics) blind you from the acting itself, which is actually quite good for a low budget flic. this is one of the most entertaining kung fu flics ever made, chock full of humor, spectacular stunts, and hip 70's disco rock. what more would you want in a kung fu movie?? i always say all one has to do in order to become a real fan of Bruce Li, is forget that name. this is Ho Chung Tao, a bruce lee fan who looks like bruce lee, but has got a style all his own, with his trademark cocky grin and gymnastic somersaults. a sad turn of fate had taken the life of his beloved wife, and since then he quit acting thus crushing the very real possibilty he would have outshined the industry's wishes to copy bruce lee and became a great kung fu star like jackie chan. think of that when you watch RETURN OF THE TIGER, the best bruce li movie of them all!Having done a little research on this film, I've found that this was promoted as a sequel to Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger. Like Exit the Dragon...we have Bruce Li tangling with the underworld(only this time he has the assistance of Angela Mao Ying from Lady Worldwind, Enter the Dragon, etc). The action is there, the crime element is there, and once again we have Bruce Li in another one of his best performances(those in which he's NOT attempting to succeed or emulate Bruce Lee), the only problem is, this is another film altogether, new characters, new everything...nothing to do with Exit the Dragon at all. Another shortcoming is the fact that his duel with the "western" crime boss wasn't realistic enough for my tastes, given Bruce Li's martial artistic limitations in comparison to Bruce Lee. Not taking anything away from Bruce Li's fighting ability...I just don't see him holding his own against a possibly 6 or 7 foot, 300-400 lb monster of a man with superhuman strength. That showdown was right out of a comic book. But the movie's still a keeper. Only for the die hard Bruceploitation fans though, particular those of Bruce Li.PLEASE NOTE ITEM WILL BE SENT RECORDED DELIVERY TAKE A LOOK AT MY OTHER LISTINGS AND ADD ME TO FAVOURITES THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Does anyone can confrim what he says revarding this matter ?

It's just a long description of The Return of The Tiger plot.

Taiwanese Bruceploitation, Carter(Ho Chung-Tao) hits Superman(Lung Fei) square on the jaw, in a scene from-

-1975's Bruce Lee Against Supermen.

original-film-title-meng-long-zheng-dong

• Like 1

a sad turn of fate had taken the life of his beloved wife, and since then he quit acting thus crushing the very real possibilty he would have outshined the industry's wishes to copy bruce lee and became a great kung fu star like jackie chan.

I was talking about this passage. I don't think that it's a part of the plot, since he says that Bruce Li didn't act anymore after his wife's death and talks about his impact in the movies industry.

5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I was talking about this passage. I don't think that it's a part of the plot, since he says that Bruce Li didn't act anymore after his wife's death and talks about his impact in the movies industry.

I thought he left the business for other reasons?, I've never read anything about him losing his wife at a young age?.

59 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Since when did he stop acting ?

I think PowerForce(1982), was the last film he made, and I'm sure he left the film businessbehind, by choice, rather than a personal tragedy causing him to retire early.

It was a shame, becuase I think he was just hitting his peak, with Chinese Stuntman and The Iron Dragon Strikes Back.

• Like 3