Gamera (general topic)

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Got the Gamera Legacy Collection 1965-1999 DVD set (11 movies on 4 discs) recently. So far, I've seen the first four and it's pretty fun - I'd eve say that sometimes it's hilarious. :rofl

If you too are a fan of the giant fire-breathing turtle, go ahead and discuss the subject. :smile

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BiggWill1988

I am a huge Kaiju monster and hero fan, Ive seen all the Gamera movies, Godzilla, Megloman, Ultraman, Spectreman, etc.

Secret Executioner

I like the Godzilla films too. I much prefer the Showa films (1954-1975) over the Heisei (1984-1995) and Millenium series (1999-2004), and don't get me started on the American films... :thumbsdown

I have a Mill Creek 4-DVD set called Ultraman: The Complete Series. Seems to be the very first of the countless versiosn of this character. Haven't watched any episodes off this, so I can't tell if it's any good (doesn't sound bad though).

Heard of Spectreman as it aired in France and the theme song (well, a French version) was even released on record. :music

BiggWill1988

Yea the only Godzilla movies i dont like are the America ones, the 98 one, was the worst thing ive ever seen, the 2000 one i dont like the alien in it and the 2014 one i was bored out of mind. Yeah the Specreman song is awesome

Secret Executioner

There were only two US Godzilla films (the 1998 shitty movie and the 2014 uninteresting one). I assume the third film you're mentionning must be Godzilla 2000, but this one is a Japanese movie (the first of the Millenium series).

Secret Executioner

And since I mentionned the French opening theme for Spectreman:

Damn, now I wanna check out the show because it looks awesome. :tongueout

BiggWill1988

Yeah im talking about Godzilla 2000, im not sure y i thought it was US. I liked how Godzilla looked but didnt like how cgi the alien looked, i woulda perfered he had a different enemy. I also heard Japan has a Godzilla release for 2016, im looking forward to that. Lol thats a awesome theme.

Secret Executioner

Yeah, there are plans for a new Japanese movie and for a sequel to the 2014 American movie (with more monsters apparently).

BiggWill1988

Im excited for the Japanese one, ill probably skip the American one, also there was a Godzilla appearance on a kaiju tv show i cant find because i forgot the hero who he tag teamed up with i remember the chracter had red and silver attire and it wasnt megloman or ultraman. the appearance was in the 70s, do u know who im talking about it? At first i thought it was the kaiju hero Redman but im not sure because i couldnt find the clip again

Secret Executioner

Never heard of that, but to be fair I'm not too familiar with all the Kaiju heroes like Ultraman and co.

Gamera is my favorite kaiju although he isn't as celebrated like the Big G Godzilla.I just feel out of all the kaiju he is definately the most versatile and unique.Just look how he flies with that flame spewing from his shell while he spins like a frisbee.Then he has those wicked sabertooth lower fangs.Like they used to call him back in the day a "super monster"

Archived