Dragon Lee's Single Stick Nunchuck

BiggWill1988

Dragon Lee is the only actor i seen use one chuck in a movie, Any info about this, or anyone else using one chuck. Also i remember i had a Dragon Lee dvd where this one chuck scene was cut out for some reason:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

On the recent release of 'Dragon's Snake Fist', one of the extras is an impromptu interview with Dragon Lee, by Toby Russell, from 2003.  Russell asks him about the one stick nunchuck, and Lee explained that he actually made the weapon himself, so there's only one of them.  I suspect this is the only movie it's ever been used in, unless there's other flicks that Dragon Lee has busted it out.

On the recent release of 'Dragon's Snake Fist', one of the extras is an impromptu interview with Dragon Lee, by Toby Russell, from 2003.  Russell asks him about the one stick nunchuck, and Lee explained that he actually made the weapon himself, so there's only one of them.  I suspect this is the only movie it's ever been used in, unless there's other flicks that Dragon Lee has busted it out.

I think Dragon Lee has used this weapon more than once but I'm not 100% sure on that one. Lee has replaced one end of the nunchaku with a small steel circle, so he can wrap it round his fingers. On the far left of the image below is a similar variation of the nunchaku. Only Dragon Lee replaced the shorter section of the weapon with a steel circle. 
rodzaje2.jpg

Dragon Lee was originally a Hapkido practitioner, if I recall. I don't know if this weapon is in their curriculum - however, it is included in Hwa Rang Do. I believe the name of the weapon, from the Korean, translates "bone-crusher". I think Michael Echanis shows something of it in this book:

Dragon Claws is correct, however, in that basically it's a nunchaku variant.

Echanis-b1.jpg

Dragon Lee was originally a Hapkido practitioner, if I recall. I don't know if this weapon is in their curriculum - however, it is included in Hwa Rang Do. I believe the name of the weapon, from the Korean, translates "bone-crusher". I think Michael Echanis shows something of it in this book:

Dragon Claws is correct, however, in that basically it's a nunchaku variant.

Echanis-b1.jpg

That's interesting, so its an actual weapon and not something that has been created for use in films.

Thanks for all the replies^, I had forgot I made this thread and didnt read all the replies til now, sorry for the reply almost 4 years later

6 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

Thanks for all the replies^, I had forgot I made this thread and didnt read all the replies til now, sorry for the reply almost 4 years later

Since posting in this thread, I've since heard Bruceploitation epxert, filmaker and actr Michael Worth, say, that Godfrey Ho and Co, invented this weapon, just to be a little different to all the other, nunchaku brandishng clones of the time.

21 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Since posting in this thread, I've since heard Bruceploitation epxert, filmaker and actr Michael Worth, say, that Godfrey Ho and Co, invented this weapon, just to be a little different to all the other, nunchaku brandishng clones of the time.

Yea that was on the Clone Cast Podcast? Also I bought Bruces Deadly Fingers dvd/bluray the other day and I am looking forward to the Bruceploitation Bible book and documentary

Archived