Birth of a Dragon

BiggWill1988

Yeah that sounds bizarre that he's trying to portray and come up with his own character and not emulate him if it's supposed to be about Bruce, because facts are facts. I wonder if he means his interpretation of Bruce, which would still be an emulation wouldn't it? I guess this is where "Fictionalized Version" comes in which is par for the course with Lee biopics.  Awow my brain hurts lol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantom Dreamer

One of the criticisms Shannon Lee has put forth about Birth of the Dragon is that it supposedly emasculates Asian men, just curious because I don't know, has any estate linked Bruce Lee biopic feature any of his extramarital affairs other than in passing, if at all?

DragonClaws
On 20/05/2017 at 0:43 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

One of the criticisms Shannon Lee has put forth about Birth of the Dragon is that it supposedly emasculates Asian men,

Looking at the films trialer, I don't thing Phillip Ng's version of Bruce Lee emasculates Asian men at all. The guys performing some pretty impressive chin-ups and beating up thugs in dark alleyways.

Phantom Dreamer
10 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Looking at the films trialer, I don't thing Phillip Ng's version of Bruce Lee emasculates Asian men at all. The guys performing some pretty impressive chin-ups and beating up thugs in dark alleyways.

Part of a Shannon Lee Instagram post

14474191_1708122266176389_2745557427356172288_n.jpg

Archived