Which SB Movie Have You Been Meaning To See, But Haven't?

SMK

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Hong Kong Godfather takes heroic bloodshed to a whole new level,  Tex. :cool

After seeing Portrait in Crystal, I don't dare bother with The Bloody Parrot. Some Shaws are best left alone. :tongueout

Edited by Lady Jin Szu-Yi
  • Like 2

I have got two on my to watch list, Treasure Hunters and Tiger Killer, but they have been sitting on my shelf since I bought them

• Like 1

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Lady Assassin and waiting on some Sun Chung (Rendezvous with Death, Kid with the Tattoo, Big Bad Sis.)

• Like 1

I have seen just about all the SB  that I want to see but there is one that I want to revisit and that is the Emperor Chien Lung series.

It is a fun series and it picks-up after the first movie.

The Emperor Chien Lung

Adventures of Emperor Chiin Lung

Emperor Chien Lung and the Beauty

The Emperor and the Minister

The Voyages of Emperor Chien Lung

• Like 2

Martial Arts of Shaolin, mainly because I keep thinking I should watch Kids from Shaolin (Shaolin Temple 2) before it, and then I think it's so long since I've seen Shaolin Temple (1982) that I should watch that before the other two lol.

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
29 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

Martial Arts of Shaolin, mainly because I keep thinking I should watch Kids from Shaolin (Shaolin Temple 2) before it, and then I think it's so long since I've seen Shaolin Temple (1982) that I should watch that before the other two lol.

No point. 2 is crap and he's not the same character in any of them. Also just watching Jet not on wires and choreo'ed by LKL should not be put off. 

• Like 4

I dunno...New One-Armed Swordsman? Delightful Forest?

Shaw movies in my collection that I haven't gotten around to watching yet:

Treasure Hunters; Lady Assassin; Buddha's Palm

• Like 3

Chu Liu Hsiang

JOURNEY OF THE DOOMED. I read from some ppl it would be the worst of all Shaw movies. On the one hand, that makes me very curious. But on the other hand, it does put me off  :D 

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
10 minutes ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

JOURNEY OF THE DOOMED. I read from some ppl it would be the worst of all Shaw movies. On the one hand, that makes me very curious. But on the other hand, it does put me off  :D 

It really, really sucks. And I usually cut Shaw movies more slack than I should. That one just stinks. But by all means, experience it for yourself. I also hate The Angry Guest and Coward Bastard, and both of those have their own fan following.

• Like 3

Treacherous Mastermind
On 2/16/2022 at 5:33 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

It is a very strange movie, far from the typical SB movie. The one thing I remember liking about JOTD were the sets. I liked the way the mid 80s SB movies looked. Other than that nothing really stands out about this movie.

• Like 3

Young People. Directed by Chang Cheh and even starring Ti Lung&David Chiang. Been in ebay like 15 times during years one click away from purchase. Want to see it (well kind of) but on the other hand have feeling it`s likely movie I won`t like and be wasting time+money and it won`t encourage shipping costs from taiwan have tripled recently.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

Young People. Directed by Chang Cheh and even starring Ti Lung&David Chiang. Been in ebay like 15 times during years one click away from purchase. Want to see it (well kind of) but on the other hand have feeling it`s likely movie I won`t like and be wasting time+money and it won`t encourage shipping costs from taiwan have tripled recently.

I liked it, and maybe I have a double. I can check my boxes if you are interested in getting it.

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang
1 hour ago, FightingFool said:

It's a cute youth movie with lots of 70s HK charm but don't watch it when you are out for a bloodbath. I really enjoyed seeing the protagonists in this kind of movie. 

• Like 3

On 2/22/2022 at 9:45 AM, ShawAngela said:

I liked it, and maybe I have a double. I can check my boxes if you are interested in getting it.

I take a look if it is something would like. I am not extreme shaw collector(means this and dead end are only cc Ishaws do not have since magnificent trio).

• Like 2