Which SB Movie Have You Been Meaning To See, But Haven't?

SMK

For me, there are still quite a few SB films I have yet to see, but one that I have been dying to see ever since I saw the

for the film many years ago, is The Killer (1972) ....Sacred Knives of Vengeance!

I've owned many versions of the film for years now, but have just never got around to watching it. I am hoping to change that FINALLY tonight.

Killer+1972-1-b.jpg

So, which Shaw Brothers movie have you been meaning to see, but haven't?

• Like 2

I had to really think about this one, good question. I've always wanted to Tiger Boy (1966) reportedly Chang Chehs first swordplay film, but unfortunately there is no longer a print of it. Next would be The Flying Dagger (1969) his last film with Cheng Pei Pei.

• Like 1

I had to really think about this one, good question. I've always wanted to Tiger Boy (1966) reportedly Chang Chehs first swordplay film, but unfortunately there is no longer a print of it. Next would be The Flying Dagger (1969) his last film with Cheng Pei Pei.

When Jimmy Wang Yu was in New York recently, during the Q&A portion of the night, someone asked Jimmy about Tiger Boy, and what he remembers of it, Jimmy stated that from what he remembers, it wasn't that great of a film. He's probably being modest. I know personally, I would love the opportunity to check it out and form my own opinion. :smile

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Films I still have to watch in spite of having had the DVDs for a while already:

Two Champions Of Shaolin

King Boxer

Temptress Of A Thousand Faces

The Blood Brothers

The Pirate

And I recently got:

The Avenging Eagle

The Jade Tiger

• Like 1

Films I still have to watch in spite of having had the DVDs for a while already:

Two Champions Of Shaolin

King Boxer

The Blood Brothers

The Pirate

And I recently got:

The Avenging Eagle

The Jade Tiger

Out of these, I've only seen 4 of them myself. So many SB movies, so little time.

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Two Champions Of Shaolin

King Boxer

The Blood Brothers

The Pirate

And I recently got:

The Avenging Eagle

The Jade Tiger

Some good films in there fellas.

Of those I share a few in common. Still haven't watched:

TEMPTRESS OF A THOUSAND FACES

THE PIRATE

BLOODY PARROT

THE SINGING KILLER

THE TEAHOUSE

THE LOVE ETERNE

and more...

Out of these, I've only seen 4 of them myself. So many SB movies, so little time.

• Like 1

Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 1 & 2

I own these, and seen both of them many years ago, and because of my bad memory, I do not recall how good they were. :sad

• Like 1

Idiot1441996347

Two Champions Of Shaolin

King Boxer

The Blood Brothers

The Pirate

And I recently got:

The Avenging Eagle

The Jade Tiger

Avenging Eagle is amazing! Not a huge fan of Blood Bothers. Two Champions, like 10 Tigers From Kwangtung, is Cheh transitioning teams from the Venoms to some of the younger actors in his stable.

In my que is The Fugitive 1972

• Like 1

shaolin swords

abbot I remember heaven sword and dragon sabre part 1 the movie was in my opinion no action in it the story of the movie started changing like crazy there was no story to follow I remember just waiting for some thing to happen but nothing did so I shut it down early lol this is just my opinion

• Like 1

For me, there are still quite a few SB films I have yet to see, but one that I have been dying to see ever since I saw the
for the film many years ago, is The Killer (1972) ....Sacred Knives of Vengeance!

I've owned many versions of the film for years now, but have just never got around to watching it. I am hoping to change that FINALLY tonight.

Killer+1972-1-b.jpg

So, which Shaw Brothers movie have you been meaning to see, but haven't?

Update on my original post of a "SB Movie Have You Been Meaning To See, But Haven't?".

I STILL HAVE NOT seen The Killer (1972) (Sacred Knives of Vengeance).

I recently obtained the custom version of the remastered TV edition mixed with the original English dub. THIS is how I plan to view this movie for the first time. I will report back, hopefully very soon, once I've watched it. :thumbsup

• Like 1

Jade Raksha with Cheng Pei Pei, I can't find it. :crying or rather I did but the price is outrageous.

• Like 1

Here's a few off the top of my head I've been meaning to see but have yet to do so:

The Magnificent Ruffians aka The Destroyers

Legend of the Fox

King Eagle

Ode To Gallantry

Heaven and Hell

• Like 1

I've had VCD's for Call To Arms and Death Duel in my collection for a long while, but haven't gotten around to seeing either. I might try watching Call To Arms soon, but I might have to get a new copy of Death Duel since it doesn't have subs.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

There are several I have had sitting for way too long by now - Avenging Eagle and Two Champions of Shaolin notably stand out. :monk_concerned:

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Hasn't The Rescue been discussed on the old KFC forum ? I'm pretty sure I heard of it somewhere before, I think maybe someone reviewed it or mentionned seeing it. :thinking

• Like 1

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Secret, I think you'll really like Avenging Eagle. 

Revenge of the Corpse, Big Bad Sis and Temperament of Life. 

• Like 2

I've had VCD's for Call To Arms and Death Duel in my collection for a long while, but haven't gotten around to seeing either. I might try watching Call To Arms soon, but I might have to get a new copy of Death Duel since it doesn't have subs.

I loved Death Duel I had it laying around for a while and After I saw Derek Yee with Ti Lung in one of his movies I sought out some where Yee was the lead. It's got a bit of everything in it, it's got fight's, some romance, and a good story.

There are several I have had sitting for way too long by now - Avenging Eagle and Two Champions of Shaolin notably stand out. :monk_concerned:

I watched Avenging Eagle and I really liked it a lot. I haven't seen all of Fu Sheng's movies, but I really liked him in this serious role. It was I think the first time I saw Ti Lung in a non straight up hero role, lots of action.

I am getting behind on my Shaws.

I have to watch The Emperor's Brother,

The Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre Series

and the Brave Archer Series. I need to stop talking about them and start watching them!!

Now I do have a lot of the early Shaw opera movies with Lily Ling Po and I haven't cracked the cellophane on them.

• Like 2