Info On Future Shaw Brothers DVD Releases?

thankyouforfu

thankyouforfu

Does anyone have any idea what new Shaw Bros DVDS and Blu-rays will be coming out in the near future?

I used to look forward to new releases, but it seems like Dragon Dynasty has slowed down releasing stuff, and Funimation stopped producing DVDs after their first 15 (and I thought their DVDs were some of the best).

Is Celestial still putting out new stuff? What other companies are out there producing new DVD content?

If anyone has any information on websites that talk about this, please let me know. Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

it seems like for the past year or maybe longer nobody has been releasing any thing dragon dynasty is gone so is funimation has also stopped producing shaws and for as the future looks like for dvd releases does not look bright wish I was wrong somebody needs to start doing something sorry I really could not give some more info hope some company does something soon :)

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

I came across something on Celestial's Facebook (a post from June 2015), where they said they would be releasing more blu rays, but digital is their primary focus these days.

Whatever the case, I hope they get more content on the digital platforms soon.

it seems like for the past year or maybe longer nobody has been releasing any thing dragon dynasty is gone so is funimation has also stopped producing shaws and for as the future looks like for dvd releases does not look bright wish I was wrong somebody needs to start doing something sorry I really could not give some more info hope some company does something soon :)

The Celestial Website says that they purchased the rights to ALL of the Shaw Brother's films in perpetuity so they will be it. I know that some have been slowly released to iTunes and El Ray (which I am not able to get :crying )

here is the link to their site http://www.celestialpictures.com/index.asp

Archived