Anyone Else Impersonate Fu Films?

Omni Dragon

Have you ever impersonate (a) Fu Film(s)?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever impersonate (a) Fu Film(s)?

• Still do
    • Use to
    • Never have
    • Never have but might give it a go now

Has anyone else ever impersonate Kung Fu Films? Cos I do sometimes mostly when no ones looking lol but have done the Bruce Lee nose brush in front of people lol Actually when I was at school I watched DRUNKEN MASTER with a friend, I did an impersonating & he said I did a good impression & said I should show another friend so impersonated Jackie's/Yuen Woo Ping's Drunken style in the school playground think I was about 13 at the time. Also went through a phase of doing that wrist rotation Yuen Biao does in KNOCKABOUT. Also have done Bruceploitation in the minor I think it even influenced a dream where I was fighting like Bruce lol. After watching THUNDERING MANTIS I did a mad Mantis like Style impersonation & last year I did an opera style impersonation after seeing that Sammo Hung vs Huang Ha & Billy Chan fight in ODD COUPLE. Often do various style impersonations tiger, crane ect.

I was wonder has anyone else done(will admit) this sort of thing? Or am I some weirdo?

I have added a poll so you can say anonymously.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

no not really maybe when I was really young like 8 years old after watching a kung fu movie trying to copy the moves I saw in the movie but I think a lot of people when there young do that

shaolin swords

well I think I was like 12 tho but I can remember renting king of the kickboxer with billy blanks :coveredlaugh and trying to do the same kicks billy blanks was doing in the movie LOL :rofl:coveredlaugh I think I did pretty good impersonated tho if I can remember it right that's like the last time I impersonated something from a movie this is some funny sh*t

Guest Anonymous

YES!! I DO THIS ALL THE TIME! Not only martial arts moves but I always say quotes or talk like a dubbed martial arts master. I love it.

I love to do all the voices like the angry bad guy, the waiter wh is a weakling and scared, then the weird old guy who laughed a lot.

Also here is my hwang jang lee impession check me out!!

I don't know if you can post video on here or not but that is the link.

Okay I do this but only alone and I look Really lame!!! I do the hand out palm up finger wave towards me like "come on bring it!!" I kinds some times do the eagle sounding "Waaaa"

:dull

I feel better that I got that off my chest!! :laugh

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yup! :nodding I've been told I'm a decent mimic, both physical and vocal. I'm a goofball, so I have a lot of fun with it. But it's also helped in actually learning.

I first taught myself how to do the nunchaku by watching a VHS tape of ENTER THE DRAGON in slow-motion, over and over again. I'd watch, then run outside and try each move. In about an hour and a half I was (just) able to do all the moves he does in that scene. Then I worked on refining them and speed, and this formed my original foundation for using them.

I did the same thing with the three-section staff, learning the initial movements by watching HEROES OF THE EAST- the scene where Gordon Liu uses the weapon against a Japanese martial artist who is using a tonfa and nunchaku.

Once I was actually training in the martial arts I found it fun to incorporate moves I'd see in films into my "arsenal of tricks." :angel During one belt test I used an unorthodox kick, and afterwards my sensei asked where I had learned that. I told him I saw Sonny Chiba do it in a movie (I think it may have been from THE KILLING MACHINE). He was amused, but admitted it was effective.

Another time I was training with a teacher and she had a big medicine ball in her yard. Before we started stretching I picked up the ball and started imitating the movements I'd seen Jet Li doing in THE TAI-CHI MASTER. She looked surprised and said "Oh, I didn't know you practice Tai-Chi. How long have you been studying it?" I laughed and explained. But she looked like she didn't believe me. She said "If you picked that up just from watching a movie, then you should really study it. You have a real affinity for it.

As far as vocal stuff, I often imitate Bruce (from all of his films), Chiba's English dub voices from THE STREET FIGHTER, and dub voices from SHOGUN ASSASSIN, Shaw Brothers films, etc. I did the voice dub for one of the 36 Styles add we created too. It's fun. :laugh

Guest Anonymous

I first taught myself how to do the nunchaku by watching a VHS tape of ENTER THE DRAGON in slow-motion, over and over again. I'd watch, then run outside and try each move. In about an hour and a half I was (just) able to do all the moves he does in that scene. Then I worked on refining them and speed, and this formed my original foundation for using them.

Oh my gosh me too! Except mine was from Fist of Fury. Also Game of Death. I watched the Bruce lee documentary and would see the nunchuku scenes and try to copy his moves. Well the same ways of moving not literally the exact choreography. I bought nunchukus from AWMA and still have them today. I taught myself.

Man the 3 sectional stuff though THAT was so freaking scary I never learned it. I tried playing with one an it was too scary. hahaha. I dont want to hit myself.

Also Chiba rocks. He has such a mean voice.

But I always quote that guy who says "Terry Seguri you are one of the MEANEST guys on earth." lol.

Also when the Japanese guy says that whole speech about not letting anyone beat you. I say that a lot. Its motivational.

Archived