Films that you hated that you now love?

Omni Dragon

Omni Dragon

What films did you disliked before but now like?

For me I remember watching MAD MONKEY KUNG FU for the first & I remember thinking it was a silly Kung Fu Comedy I guess it's cos I wasn't in the mood at the time plus I find most Kung Fu Comedies funnier dubbed that subbed(with a few exceptions) & I watched it subbed. But now I think it's one of the greatest Kung Fu Films ever made mostly due to it great training scenes & I feel Liu Chia Liang & Hsiao Ho are under in front of the camera in most other films. I have to say smiled at some of the comedy the second round. I've real mix opinions on Kung Fu Comedies mostly to do with my mood, it never hilarious but can be funny & sometimes it feels silly & annoying.

& the second film is THE YOUNG TAOISM FIGHTER the first time I watched this I thought it was completely OTT wacky & silly. Probably doesn't help that saw the White Haired Master before doing this:

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

& thought the whole film would be something like that. But I got talking turtles, the White Haired Master drinking virgins piss & other crazy stuff.

It kind of feel like this:

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

But after realised I was in for something wacky I thought it was great . Now I think it & the rest of the THE MIRACLE FIGHTERS Series are some of the best Fu Films with a wacky innovative style & good mix fantasy Kung Fu mixed with with some good old solid grounded shapes from the Yuen Clan.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omni Dragon

Just remembered a few more PURPLE STROM was the first HKL I brought that wasn't a Martial Arts film so when I watched that the first I didn't like it much but when I realised it was an action film in was pretty enjoyable.

First time I watched GAME OF DEATH 2 I guess going through the whole first GAME OF DEATH before I was thinking more fakery but now I think it's one of the best Bruceploitations & call it TOWER OF DEATH to separate it from the first & from the real Bruce a bit.

These are all good examples brother.

I personally can not think of a movie I "hate", but I can think of 2 movies that OTHERS "hate" that I actually enjoyed when watching them.

Kung Fu Genius

[bBvideo 620,385]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6amhHkjn34[/bBvideo]

Born Invincible

[bBvideo 620,385]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z27X5d8d-wk[/bBvideo]

People have stated over the years various reasons why they disliked these films, but I actually enjoyed them especially Born Invincible.

Omni Dragon
These are all good examples brother.

I personally can not think of a movie I "hate", but I can think of 2 movies that OTHERS "hate" that I actually enjoyed when watching them.

Kung Fu Genius

Born Invincible

People have stated over the years various reasons why they disliked these films, but I actually enjoyed them especially Born Invincible.

Yes hate is a strong but it sounds good as a title you might notice I also started the post with "What films did you disliked before but now like?"

shaolin swords

for me the one movie I did not like that I saw for the first time then liked it when I saw it again is Gordon liu in shaolin drunken monk for some reason I thought there was to much comedy in it because I really don't like kung fu movies with comedy but any way the second time I saw it I really liked it I enjoyed watching it watched it with a couple of friends I really long time ago was a pretty solid flick

Omni Dragon

I remember not being a fan of HEART OF THE DRAGON I guess cos I'd only seen Sammo as a Martial Artist on screen where as it's more of a drama but I really appreciate the story & drama know. I think I first saw it in about 2007 & it was only last year or the year before when I watched it again.

Archived