• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TibetanWhiteCrane

• Phoenix

• Keung

• Drunken Monk

I haven't seen the movie but the most talked-about (and probably the only) cut involves live chickens getting run over during a car stunt.

Reel Power Stunts

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/CVF062638/

The HKL version was cut by 10secs for the chickens (as the above BBFC link confirms). I know that earlier UK releases also suffered cuts to balisong knife use...wouldn't be surprised if shots of cars being broken into were cut too!

Apart from the chicken cut, the HKL DVD is (I think) complete, and probably the best version out there of this fun film.

Guest Markgway
wouldn't be surprised if shots of cars being broken into were cut too!

Cuts were required for weapons use and criminal instruction, but were later waived for the DVD. Only the cruelty cuts remain.

I guess I can live that. I'm not a fan of animal cruelty but still prefer to see the uncut versions, as sad as it maybe the cruelty has already occurred.

Are any uncut version out there? ie Deltamac, Universal, Megastar, etc etc?

muppetdanny
I guess I can live that. I'm not a fan of animal cruelty but still prefer to see the uncut versions, as sad as it maybe the cruelty has already occurred.

Are any uncut version out there? ie Deltamac, Universal, Megastar, etc etc?

I've seen pictures of a VCD made by Megastar. I'm not a fan of animal cruelty either, totally unnecessary.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I like it. Great action, Yukari is a beast, all the gwailos from the period as badguys, Frankie doing his classic kung fu in a modern setting thing. The best film he directed, I think. Much better than Burning Ambition and Fun And Fury imo. Great action finale.

I like it. Great action, Yukari is a beast, all the gwailos from the period as badguys, Frankie doing his classic kung fu in a modern setting thing. The best film he directed, I think. Much better than Burning Ambition and Fun And Fury imo. Great action finale.

I would have to seriously disagree, Burning Ambition is great from start to finish. Outlaw Brothers drops the pace if I remember right, making up with a good end fight(s). All opinion I guess but Burning Ambition kicks serious ass, although the fights are all shorter compared to the finale of Outlaw Brothers. BA has a decent storyline, too.

Watched the trailer on YouTube and now I'm interested. Kung fu + car racing sounds good to me. Kinda reminds me of Thunderbolt. Is this better?

gotta say i like this movie...first time seeing it or even hearing about this film...the action fast paced....but one thing i hate is the artwork ...y put a car made in 2008 in this cover when the movie is made in 1990...i hate the artwork dragon dynasty has been putting out,,,

i own about 1400 kung fu film and i have never knew about this movie and or ever heard some one talk about it....so i am happy they put this out....dont know what the fuss is lol

i give this a 4 out of 5

I watched this last night after finally being able to find it at Walmart. Best Buy and Walmart both said they had the movie in store for about a month now but neither of the Best Buy's I go to had it out and the one Walmart had literally JUST put it on the shelf when I walked in yesteday, the guy was stocking them as I grabbed one XD

I loved this movie! There is a lot of great action in it, and Yukari Oshima is a great fighter (I like to see women get in on the action :angel:). It almost feels like a Jackie Chan movie with some of the stunts and humor thrown in it.

Honestly I think I like the 80's-90's Hong Kong flicks I have seen more than most of the Shaw Brothers movies DD has put out :squigglemouth: I hope DD puts out a few more of these titles before going on another hiatus.

masterofoneinchpunch

Does anyone know if the HKL Vincent Lyn interview is anywhere to be found online? Youtube has the HKL trailer, the original trailer, the

(this is great)

Also what is the promo that is on the HKL version? Anything interesting? How is the Bey Logan commentary?

How long have they been doing the human linking pulled by a car? I saw this recently in a short from 1926 (Wandering Willies:

-- it is around the six minute mark), but I'm sure Keystone was doing it a decade before.

TibetanWhiteCrane

The BL comm. is great, one of my faves, as he dishes some dirt, lots of funny stories among them , the interesting tale of S.C. Dacy who stalked Sophia Crawford using Bey's name on his creepo letters, lots of stories about the gwailos, how Michiko and Yukari didn't like each other, how Van Damme was given a copy of Prodigal Son by Frankie Chan etc. As I said, one of my fave HKL comms.

masterofoneinchpunch
I could upload it, if you'd like?

Of course :D; I read that it is a good interview and Lyn does not have it on his site (unless I missed it). Thanks.

What is the promo on the HKL (is it a typical promo on that disc)?

Guest Markgway
The BL comm. is great, one of my faves, as he dishes some dirt, lots of funny stories among them , the interesting tale of S.C. Dacy who stalked Sophia Crawford using Bey's name on his creepo letters, lots of stories about the gwailos, how Michiko and Yukari didn't like each other, how Van Damme was given a copy of Prodigal Son by Frankie Chan etc. As I said, one of my fave HKL comms.

Not keen on the film as I said before...but I'd almost watch it again to hear the commentary.

I finished off "Outlaw Brothers" last night. The plot's a little convoluted but, all in all, a solid film with a really, really enjoyable finale.

Yukari Oshima steals the show entirely although it's nice to see Frankie Chan break out some moves as I think I've only ever seen him in "The Prodigal Son."

• Like 1

Just watched this for the first time, via YouTube (blech!) and it was pretty good. Frankie Chan's fighting style is kind of unique. Very operatic. I may have to pick up tge DVD.