What's it about Kung Fu Films that so great?

Omni Dragon

I was think every day I think about theses film it's quite hard not to I wake up there's Kung Fu Films stacked on my bed side table, there's a Bruce Lee poster & figures(along with a bigger Bruce action figure in my bed room) in my living room, I pretty much visit the forums everyday & just turn on my PC my desktop tends to be something to do with Fu Films but yet I would probably simply say it's just great entertainment I've become interested in.

Any one have other thoughts as to way we love Fu so?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe... good question... I also have so many movies sitting on my desk that I have yet to watch.... then I got a few posters and some of the awesome art of KungFuBob (the venoms and the Hwang Jang Lee big size piece)..... and I am always looking and searching (at least once a week) for the movies I got on a list that I never saw.....

Now answering WHAT is so great about kung fu movies, that's just a sum of many different aspects....

I am only gonna talk about the old school movies so far :

1. I love the way they succeed in showing martial arts and sometimes by adding a slight touch of fantastic, making it still believable.... and although many things are fake, I still want to believe in it haha...

2. The scenery, sometimes outside with great landscapes, sometimes on the inside with the usual practice halls, brothels, kitchens and food.... tables, chairs and all the stuff that can be turned into weapons.... I love when they fight with all the kitchen tools, food and stuff.....

3. Well the comedy.... Some people dont like when there is too much comedy but I personally love it, I always love when they even abuse it.....

4. The overall magic, when you see them fighting, doing caligraphy, preparing food, plotting, the laughs of the bad guys, the way they die, the way they live of course and one thing that I almost forgot : the chivalry !! the honor code !! and shaolin !!!!!!!!

5. well.... this one should have been first : THE PRACTICE !!! the way its always shown that one has to practice and train hard in order to become badass..... great lesson overall....

I guess I could continue on and on..... but well there are just too many aspects that I cant even think of now but it always make me feel like a child when I see these movies..... Ill just call it magic gems....

Ahh for me its the set design, clothing, martial arts, music and epic twist and turns the films would make. Kung fu films were so important to my childhood. Even to this day I can not go a few days without watching a kung fu flick.

Archived