Kung Fu Films With Captions Explaining Weapons Or Techniques

Omni Dragon

Is there any other Kung Fu Films quite like FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS that explains weapons or techniques with captions?

Also in FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS is the Chinese really as simple as some are like 'Bow' when only a few seconds latter you see it used as a bow?

bow.jpg

naginata.jpg

Donohi.jpg

backsum.jpg

foothook.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

five element ninja is a classic flick with many kinds of weapons but that weapon at the end of the movie is crazy the one weapon turns into like 10 weapons

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Legendary Weapons of China goes through the 18 weapons during the climax, and The Odd Couple also mentions the weapons in the beginning of that film.

And the original trailer for Shaolin Mantis (which should have been included on a release), does mention the techniques and weapons used in the film.

I'd like to know if there are more, I love this kind of stuff.

Not Kung fu movies but the streetfighter movies from Japan starring sonny Chiba would name the weapons and the different martial arts styles.Great films and very violent :thumbsup

Kid from Kwangtung(1982) has a scene where Yen Shi Kwan has a training montage with Wong Yue explaining the finer points of monkey boxing invoving joint locks and other hand to hand attacks.This is for the IVL release though.Not too certain about the english dubbed.Ninja in the deadly trap has an opening intro showing a ninja manual showcasing the weapons of ninjutsu as well as some of the physical skils as well.

Legendary Weapons of China goes through the 18 weapons during the climax, and The Odd Couple also mentions the weapons in the beginning of that film.

And the original trailer for Shaolin Mantis (which should have been included on a release), does mention the techniques and weapons used in the film.

That is one amazing trailer! 

odioustrident

In addition to what has been mentioned.

The Chinese version of 18 Secrets of Kung Fu

The Sister Street Fighter films

The Za Karate trilogy with Tadashi Yamashita

Probably lots more.

Archived