What's your favourite Martial Arts weapon?

Omni Dragon

That's not quite all of it.

9qi8hz.jpg

2ldui5t.jpg

2en8axi.jpg

641a8g.jpg

And there is still a ton of other stuff in boxes. Been collecting martial arts weapons since about 1977.

Edited by SteyrAUG
  • Like 3

• Administrator

Very nice collection @SteyrAUG! I'd love to come over and play at your house. :bigsmile:

Where did you get the black nunchaku with the longer chain, on the far left (first photo you posted)? Are those foam, or real?

What style of martial arts do you study? Actually, you could post it here: http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfufandom/index.php?/topic/21169-whats-your-style-which-martial-arts-do-you-study/

Edited by KUNG FU BOB
  • Like 1

Very nice collection @SteyrAUG! I'd love to come over and play at your house. :bigsmile:

Where did you get the black nunchaku with the longer chain, on the far left (first photo you posted)? Are those foam, or real?

What style of martial arts do you study? Actually, you could post it here: http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfufandom/index.php?/topic/21169-whats-your-style-which-martial-arts-do-you-study/

That would be a very early pair of Dolan's from 1975 that was only available for 7 months.

Wood sticks with pinned chain.

1240182_523134841100665_1224422094_n.jpg

Here's the advertisement for them.

1186945_523142647766551_240764752_n.jpg?

You might also find my FB page interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/Vintage-Nunchaku-523048834442599/timeline/

Forgot to add: I have studied over 40 systems and styles of martial arts since 1977 including Okinawan, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and American eclectic. I have yudansha grades or equivalent in about 8 systems.

The ones that will be of interest to most here are Seven Star Praying Mantis & Northern White Crane. I have also studied Choy Li Fut, Wing Chun, Kwang Tsai Mantis and a few others.

And of course I am a master of Shaw Style.

Edited by SteyrAUG
  • Like 2

While I'm at it, here are the rest of my vintage Bruce Lee pattern nunchaku.

Dolan's (No. 101) Early (1976) No Cap 12" Round, Black & Heavy Swivel Chain

1234498_523153737765442_441855274_n.jpg?

Early 1977 AWMA (No. 4) 11" Round "Enter the Dragon" U Swivel Chain

10011500_618166431597505_363091072_n.jpg

Dolan's (No. 100) 12" Round, Black & Heavy Swivel Chain

543954_526359410778208_1222116949_n.jpg?

Edited by SteyrAUG
  • Like 2

Gotta be the chuckz, handsdown, end of story! :cool

That's not to say I don't love other weapons. I'll try and get some pics together of my other stuff. Not quite as impressive as your collectionSteyrAUG but i'm trying my best. In fact, that collection makes me feel better, and that I'm not sort sort of weapon loving nutcase! :laugh

I have a nunchaku like that where you screw them togther. They are metal and turn into a baton or club type weapon. Mine suck so bad! Only one chain on on bar swivels while the other is stationary. It makes no sense. Also the weight is annoying and makes it hard to use. The chain inside when you screw it together clinks around so loud you could never be silent. I want to get rid of it at a garage sale or something.

Sounds like the type I came across. Glad I never bought that piece of junk.

Now that is a shame, because the very first set of Chuckz I was given were them....and they've still going strong twenty years later. :smile

The pix don't show too well, but I tried to get all the dents and dinks they have taken over the years...punch bags, trees, walls, elbows, heads, knackers, more walls and of course, more elbows (wanted to break down and cry due to the pain, many times) I have honestly lashed these to within an inch of their lives, and they've just laughed at me, and then smashed my elbow for the millionth time. The chain/bearing/swivel mech still works as smoothly as it did the day they were given to me. They are a joy to use, apart from the pain they inflict.

iz3jI7p5l.jpgimg]

nPWQWCDl.jpg

Not sure if you guys ever heard of or saw them, but the same day I bought the 'converta-nunchaku' I bought a 'converta-three-section staff' too. I was so excited- a metal bo staff that changed into a three-section staff?! Just like something out the movies! I couldn't even wait to get home to try it. My buddy and I ran to a stretch of grass next to the store and I tried it out. On the very first wrap I did around my body, two of the three sections completely bent! Ugh....

Dude, I'm sure you never told me about these. Sounds like they were made out of the same rubbish metal as above. What a shame. If they'd been made out of the same krypton fueled furnace that Mr Hanzo made my baton-chuckz from, they would've been so much fun to flail.

• Like 3

Gotta be the chuckz, handsdown, end of story! :cool

That's not to say I don't love other weapons. I'll try and get some pics together of my other stuff. Not quite as impressive as your collectionSteyrAUG but i'm trying my best. In fact, that collection makes me feel better, and that I'm not sort sort of weapon loving nutcase! :laugh

Now that is a shame, because the very first set of Chuckz I was given were them....and they've still going strong twenty years later. :smile

The pix don't show too well, but I tried to get all the dents and dinks they have taken over the years...punch bags, trees, walls, elbows, heads, knackers, more walls and of course, more elbows (wanted to break down and cry due to the pain, many times) I have honestly lashed these to within an inch of their lives, and they've just laughed at me, and then smashed my elbow for the millionth time. The chain/bearing/swivel mech still works as smoothly as it did the day they were given to me. They are a joy to use, apart from the pain they inflict.

iz3jI7p5l.jpgimg]

nPWQWCDl.jpg

Dude, I'm sure you never told me about these. Sounds like they were made out of the same rubbish metal as above. What a shame. If they'd been made out of the same krypton fueled furnace that Mr Hanzo made my baton-chuckz from, they would've been so much fun to flail.

You'll enjoy this.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=616267228454092&id=523048834442599

• Like 1

It would be between the Kusarigama and the Nunchaku, but I think that I like the Nunchaku a little more. 

KUSARIGAMA.jpg

wooden-nunchaku.jpg

• Like 3

FightingFool

Don`t really have absolute fav, as long as movie/characters/choreography been interesting it`s all the same if differences are settled with hands/feet or weapons. But if have to name one, then Double Swords in movies.

In real have trained only unarmed.

Edited by FightingFool
  • Like 3

Sanjiegun: The three-section staff.  Hurt myself a lot with a metal one before giving up for safety reasons.

• Like 4

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 5/8/2021 at 4:52 PM, Cognoscente said:

The butterfly pole is my favourite.

What is that? :bigsmile:

23 hours ago, morpheus said:

Sanjiegun: The three-section staff.  Hurt myself a lot with a metal one before giving up for safety reasons.

I didn't try using this weapon until I was very proficient with the nunchaku (which I bashed myself with more than a few times while learning them), so I think that despite them being very different weapons, the similarities were enough that I had more control straight away. So I've only whacked myself with the three-section staff a handful of times.

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
9 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

If I ever knew that was the name of this weapon, I've since forgotten. Thanks!

• Like 2