Where Do You Buy Your Shaw Brothers IVL DVDs?

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

i thought this would be a good way for people to find places where to buy ivl dvds at since there becoming more and more hard to find

so where do you order from???

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice idea... this way we can all share our sources, here are mines :

yesasia.com

kungfudvdworld.com

amazon.com (and amazon.co.uk.... check both because they are not exactly the same and one movie being in stock in amazon.co.uk might not be in stock at amazon.com)

fareastflix.com (never ordered there yet.... and would appreciate if somebody could confirm if there are reliable or not)

that's it....

I go to secondspin.com and search through all the action films there. It is tedious work however it does pay off! I bout like 12 kung fu movies and paid like 40 bucks or so.

the sentimental swordsman

You can try sîte: dddhouse.com

Sîte very good, not expensive, about 10 euros for a DVD IVL (shipping included), fast shipments and cared for and an extensive list of titles shaw brothers.

I ordered a hundred times at home, no problems.

shaolin swords

its a shame a lot of the hong kong shaw brothers ivl dvds are out of print I saw the cheng pei pei jade raksha was going for like 60 bucks on ebay and like the average price for a ivl was close to 30 bucks the cheapest is like 20 dollars you can find them :sad:angry so im going to have to go with the thia version because there is I bigger selection of shaws because the hong kong ones are out of print but some of the movies I want you can still get in the thia version

im probaly ordering from this website called minhtan.com

any one on here order from them how are they if you have

I had several titles shaw brothers in Thai version, "rivals of kung fu", "Jade raksha", "my rebellious son", "lady assassin". The Thai "UNITED" versions are identical to the versions IVL, very good quality.

shaolin swords

TILUNG60: I heard jade raksha was a really good flick on another forum how did you like the movie was just wondering your opinion on the movie

This film is good, a story of revenge as usual, but in the same genre, I prefer films like "the lady hermit", "Raw Courage" or " dragon swamp ".

shaolin swords

im waiting for dragon swamp and lady hermit to come in the mail with a couple of other flicks :clappinghands

This film is good, a story of revenge as usual, but in the same genre, I prefer films like "the lady hermit", "Raw Courage" or " dragon swamp ".

"The lady hermit" is a very good wuxia, it contains a love triangle (cheng pei, lo lieh and shih szu), excellent casting and "the dragon swamp", it's one of my favorite wuxia, lo wei exudes a mysterious and fantastic atmosphere especially in the swamp dragon, in any case, there are 2 very good movies.

You can also watch the movie "the black tavern" which is the sequel to the lady hermit.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Resurrecting another old thread, but I've found a great seller on eBay. None more than $22 with shipping and all brand new, legitimate IVL releases.

I am holding out hope the two IVLs I ordered from a Hong Kong seller at amazon make it to my job without damage.

thankyouforfu

I've got a brand new IVL DVD of Five Element Ninjas (aka Chinese Super Ninjas) for sale if anyone is interested.

Just message me.

nice idea... this way we can all share our sources, here are mines :

yesasia.com

kungfudvdworld.com

amazon.com (and amazon.co.uk.... check both because they are not exactly the same and one movie being in stock in amazon.co.uk might not be in stock at amazon.com)

fareastflix.com (never ordered there yet.... and would appreciate if somebody could confirm if there are reliable or not)

that's it....

I just made my 3rd purchase through far east flix. I'm impressed so far.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Me personally, I am skipping bootlegs whenever possible now.

I stopped shopping at kungfudvdworld - not good quality bootlegs for one (they freeze or skip in my player all the time. I spent way too much $ there for films I later found legitimate copies of.)

Slightly bummed far east flix charges tax, so I am holding off purchases there, because I'd rather put that money into real releases. I haven't ordered from YesAsia in along time. Hmm, I wonder if they still have that Queens of Evil release.

My purchases at kungfudvdworld.com have been very hit or miss. I don't think I'll use them again. Fareastflix.com hasn't charged me tax, don't know if that's new or just because of the state you live in.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Definitely must be by state.Thanks for that heads up dvdtherapy.

All the IVL disks I've gotten are from Amazon or Ebay. I have a few sellers I trust on Ebay and a few on Amazon. Most of what I try to get is Region 3. Some are pricey though. I've been lucky I feel like I have only gotten a few possibly shady bootlegs.

Also I have been buying the Shaw Brother's stuff off of iTunes. I don't do Dubbs. iTunes lets you have it both ways, Subbed and Dubbed.

The link again to the Shaw Brother's page

https://search.itunes.apple.com/WebObje ... awbrothers

its a shame a lot of the hong kong shaw brothers ivl dvds are out of print I saw the cheng pei pei jade raksha was going for like 60 bucks on ebay and like the average price for a ivl was close to 30 bucks the cheapest is like 20 dollars you can find them :sad:angry so im going to have to go with the thia version because there is I bigger selection of shaws because the hong kong ones are out of print but some of the movies I want you can still get in the thia version

im probaly ordering from this website called minhtan.com

any one on here order from them how are they if you have

Where are you getting the Thai versions from ? Most of mine are coming from Hong Kong or Taiwan and yes they are pricey.

Far East Flix actually has a very good selection of Shaw Brothers of all genres.  All types of wuxia, horror, and other genres. Though boots, they said that

some of their titles are ;remastered'.  I ordered NA CHA AND THE SEVEN DEVILS from them and some others and the quality was good on all of them (and in proper ratios). Selection is definetly one of their strengths. They have Japanese samurai section,  Asian  horror and SCi-fi titles. 

I have complete set of those 258 martial arts+wu xia and add to that ~50 drama/action/ghost story no need to shop around anymore(that is not exactly true I would love to get swordmates and black butterfly singapore discs). But ebay and dddhouse are great for ivls...for thai releases ethaicd is ok but if item is out of stock be prepared for trouble.

You can find Thai version on ethaicd ; sometimes, they are United, sometimes, they are Lion hearts release, but it happens that sometimes, the dvd comes without the art cover (for the Lion hearts releases). The owner told me that he had mentioned the problem to Lion Hearts and that they answered that some of the covers had too dark colours and that they'll try to do better...

Don't buy from Thaimegamart : I had a problem last summer and I never heard from them anymore after I placed my order (fortunately, paypal managed to give me the refund...)

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

FarEastFlix has been hit and miss as far as "remastered" versions (got a few dodgy Shaws from them), but I understand. Best bet is still eBay although you may find something on YesAsia. 

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Thai Deltamacs - a couple of good sellers on eBay: daniel in taiwan and moblesuit. 

For IVLs on eBay, I've had perfect relations with moblesuit, dvdroad and a couple more Hong Kong sellers whose names escape me right now.  Found a lot of what I wanted through these folks and all rather reasonably (considering how scarce some of the IVLs are. Couldn't believe a recent auction for a sealed IVL of Shaolin Abbot was over $200. ) 

Archived