Name Recently Watched Or Re-Watched Movies

Leung Tsan

ow my.... yesterday I was able to watch The Ways of Kung Fu thanks to SMK !!!

oh man, the movie (along with the new shirt design that is so awesome on sand color shirt) is awesome....

I almost shit my pants when the student had his first dinner with the family of Beardy..... Damn, the way the wife prepared the dinner and threw the bowls of rices and the dishes on the table was amazing.....

a very good movie that I was very happy to see as a fan of Beardy.

Thanks again SMK, you are the man !! (well the abbott... anyway, thanks Sifu)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

just got done watching shoguns ninja very solid flick but the music was a lil crazy lol :rofl and my dvd player did not act up the movie played good all the way thru :clappinghands

You know what I have watched/re-watched by checking Flying DVDs Of Death or here! I haven't caught many movies (other than for the show) lately because I have gotten in the habit of watching Mandarin language TV shows. Right now it's Greatness of a Hero with Kent Cheng. I have the Yang Saga, The Four and a few other seasons sitting next to the TV ready to roll! I haven't seen The Four movie yet... is watching one going to ruin the other? I mean, will the movie spoil the show's plot or will the show make me think the movie is weak and watered down? I'll probably watch the show first unless someone says different!

ow my.... yesterday I was able to watch The Ways of Kung Fu thanks to SMK !!!

oh man, the movie (along with the new shirt design that is so awesome on sand color shirt) is awesome....

I almost shit my pants when the student had his first dinner with the family of Beardy..... Damn, the way the wife prepared the dinner and threw the bowls of rices and the dishes on the table was amazing.....

a very good movie that I was very happy to see as a fan of Beardy.

Thanks again SMK, you are the man !! (well the abbott... anyway, thanks Sifu)

Late reply, but I am glad you liked the movie as well as the shirt. If not for you and the others that have been purchasing the shirts, there would be no 36 STYLES.

Beardy is most definitely the man, no matter the film. :smile

watched a Shaw opera last night,1st time ever watching one, I think.

'The Dawn Will Come'.

Just finished 'The Condemned'.

I appreciate David Chiang more & more...

Was in a film mood today partly cos my PC broke(using my Sister's PC) & getting through the films I've been meaning to watch...THE MYTH with Jackie interesting story, can't remember seeing Kalarippayattu in a film well that looked to close to the real thing at least.

Latter watched MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS pretty good.

& just finished watching SHA PO LANG(KILL ZONE) really enjoyed that one Sammo is bad ass almost like a modern day Fox Villain. Was surprised at UK rating only being a 15 for once I think they may have underrated a MAfilm as apose to the seemingly overrating of most others

Secret Executioner

Ninja Project Daredevils AKA Ninja Masters Of Death (1985)

A Filmark Ninja/war flick that mixes a very moving Korean movie set during the Korean war of the 1950s and some over-the-top and really goofy Ninja stuff; you get some really crazy Ninja action in the last fight.

Secret Executioner

For my school report on The Dragon:

Fist Of Fury

The Real Bruce Lee

(it's quite interesting though it's more about Bruce Li and Dragon Lee than the real Bruce Lee - see what I did there ? :tongueout )

For leisure:

Duel Of The Tough

That one is hilarious. Gotta love the swearing (the "you bucket of bullshit" line made my day), the swaztika bearing monks and the characters who seem to appear and disappear to the convenience of the plot.

Omni Dragon
For my school report on The Dragon:

Fist Of Fury

The Real Bruce Lee

(it's quite interesting though it's more about Bruce Li and Dragon Lee than the real Bruce Lee - see what I did there ? :tongueout )

For leisure:

Duel Of The Tough

That one is hilarious. Gotta love the swearing (the "you bucket of bullshit" line made my day), the swaztika bearing monks and the characters who seem to appear and disappear to the convenience of the plot.

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

Have posted in this thread in a while but since my last post I've watched: THE TRANSPORTER, AN EMPRESS AND THE WARRIORS & SPOOKY ENCOUNTERS, THE 36 DEADLY STYLES(awhile ago know but I remember think HJL double was another character) , THE FIGHTING DRAGON(Theatrical cut of the FIGHT! DRAGON TV series I think there maybe been one difference between the film & TV there was an insert shoot of like a second or 2 long. I'd recommend the TV series over the film just cos it's longer in total length) & SHAOLIN INVINCIBLE STICKS(need I say classic Taiwanese Inde like EAGLE'S CLAW & FATAL NEEDLES, FATAL FISTS Wong Tao vs White Haired Master Chang Yi with poles end fight seemed quite short thought)

POLICE STORY 3 (SUPERCOP) it was on UK TV Freeview Ch 32 Movie Mix on the 26th Feb, PROJECT A it was nice to it again as it's been a while & was one of the first HK films I saw & was my introduction to Sammo & Yuen Biao.

RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER not as good as the 1st but still good got love that Scaffolding Kung Fu.

& couple of non-Kung Fu ICE AGE 4 watched this one with my Sister it was ok.

K-PAX I enjoyed this one quite a bit my Mum suggested to me as I've recently become interested in Astronomy as it about a man who claims to be from out of space.

then a Sammo Saturday & Sunday

GAMBLING GHOST interesting seeing Sammo play three roles & the little bit of action was quite good.

THE OWL VS DUMBO found the plot of this one quite odd I was a bit tied at the time "but still" it was some along the lines of a couple of thieves are forced by a cop to give careers advice to some disinterested youths I guess Criminals working with was not a big deal back then & then some triads from the get involved & go after some of the youths to get to OWL & DUMBO then theres end fight with Sammo, George Lam & the youths on bikes with baseball bats oh & Sammo does a dance routine in the middle. Well the bit I don't is to get Criminals to give careers advice?

TOUCH AND GO decent action drama.

PEDICAB DRIVER decent action drama like the opening very creative & great to see Sammo vs Liu Chia Liang.

FINALLY finished Shanghai 13 (from our very own sifu).....fun movie, but felt a bit disjointed, and "off", can't really explain.

Secret Executioner

Last MA movie I watched was Monkey Fist, Floating Snake as I recently got a DVD of it. :smile

For the past week I have went back and rewatched several classic kung fu films. Films such as Mad Monkey Kung Fu, Return Of The One Armed Swordsman and Golden Swallow. Three fantastic and quite fun films. The inventive weapons combat in Swordsman and Golden Swallow are just fantastic while Mad Monky Kung Fu has some of the most unique training sequences I have seen. Fun all around.

For the past week I have went back and rewatched several classic kung fu films. Films such as Mad Monkey Kung Fu, Return Of The One Armed Swordsman and Golden Swallow. Three fantastic and quite fun films. The inventive weapons combat in Swordsman and Golden Swallow are just fantastic while Mad Monkey Kung Fu has some of the most unique training sequences I have seen. Fun all around.

All great films indeed. Shaw Brothers made so many of them. Welcome to the forum btw, I appreciate your support and participation here. :smile

For the past week I have went back and rewatched several classic kung fu films. Films such as Mad Monkey Kung Fu, Return Of The One Armed Swordsman and Golden Swallow. Three fantastic and quite fun films. The inventive weapons combat in Swordsman and Golden Swallow are just fantastic while Mad Monky Kung Fu has some of the most unique training sequences I have seen. Fun all around.

After reading your post it reminded me I've been meaning to watch GOLDEN SWALLOW, so I watched it last night & on Sunday I watched THE LEGEND IS BORN-IP MAN & the 2011 SHAOLIN. Maybe SHAOLIN was my favourite out of them though GOLDEN SWALLOW was good very different era though, kind of hard to compare. I did like them all but it but since March/April about I've not really felt quite as enthusiastic as I use to about films going to try to watch a few more films & see of I feel about them.

shaolin swords

I hear what your saying james I definitely need to start watching more fu its been a slow year for me but once I get a new dvd player im going to pop in a couple of dvds and see whats good Lol :smile:clappinghands

shaolin swords

just got done watching 5 element ninja

excellent flick very good movie going to pop in another movie in the dvd player if my dvd player don't act up 'cross my fingers on that ' lol :cool

shaolin swords

just got done watching 8 diagram pole fighter

man I feel sorry for the guys who got there teeth ripped out by the monks with the poles LOL :laugh:coveredlaugh

love this movie I got to buy some new shaws tho every movie I watch I have already seen plan on buying some new flicks in a couple of weeks

peace

This week I watched on

Monday: THE MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS enjoyable Venoms film.

Tuesday: JUST HEROES been meaning to watch more Heroic Gun/bloodshed & this one in particular cos of the Shaw Stars in it.

(today) Wednesday: HONG KONG GODFATHER really enjoyed haven't seen Beardy that intense since THE THUNDERING MANTIS perhaps he was the Thundering Blade in that lol. Talking of the blades I liked how they used the knives it feel a bit like the knives where what would have been guns or hand to hand combat in other triad films.

shaolin swords

just got done watching house of traps it was ok pretty solid flick

now am going to watch either iron bodyguard or deadly breaking sword

Omni Dragon

My watches in February: GUNMAN'S WALK, 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, PAPER MARRIAGE, SANJURO, A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS, THE LAST STAND, FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE & THE HIDDEN FORTRESS.

Secret Executioner

Been watching a lot of classic kung fu since the last time I posted here - some of the best films I've seen were: Phantom Kung Fu, 18 Fatal Strikes, Incredible Kung Fu Mission, The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin, Return To The 36th Chamber, The Five Venoms, Men From The Monastery and Disciples Of Shaolin.

Secret Executioner

Crazy Horse, Intelligent Monkey (HK, 1982)

An indie movie starring Chi Kuan Chun as the lead. I was thrilled because it had CKC, but it's an indie so one shouldn't go in expecting something on par with more classic works of his like Disciples Of Shaolin or Shaolin Martial Arts.

The movie sees CKC as a guy on his way to his uncle's house as he is worried he hasn't heard of his mother in long (a couple of years). On his way, he meets a bumbling comedic character (Hon Gwok Choi) who thus sticks around as his sidekick. That guy is kinda annoying but somehow likeable too, and I found he reminded me of Stan Laurel (must have been his whinning and his attitude compared to the serious character portrayed by CKC).

In spite of some good comedy and likeable characters (though Hon Gwok Choi may be a bit annoying at times), the movie isn't that good. The first two thirds feel a bit long and the story is a bit hit and miss with stuff that seems like obvious filler. The movie picks up once our heroes get picked up by a master who teaches them kung fu, as the training mixes nice action, some funny comedy (Hon Gwok Choi having problems with a monkey) and some really WTF moments (this movie has a scene is devoted to a drunken horse...). And the end fight is really nice with Hon Gwok Choi showcasing nice Monkey Fist while CKC uses Horse Style (to the surprise of everybody since the movie seems set in a time when Horse Kung Fu hadn't been invented yet).

The most irritating thing I found here was the quality of the release I have (it's from the Flying Fists Of Kung Fu 12-movie pack). This is a VHS rip from a rather bad VHS (lots of grain) that was badly done with conversion issues and the movie even freezes for a few seconds towards the middle... The sound is okay, though some dialogue seemed hard to understand.

legendarycurry

Here are some I saw recently

"Dance Of The Drunken Mantis": Yuen Clan classic. Beggar Su himself shows of the 8 drunken gods and Hwang Jang Lee's Drunken Mantis style is a joy to behold. A Drunken Master sequel tat is at least as good as "Drunken Mater 2" imo :smile

"Snake In The Monkey's Shadow": A film that I avoided for a long time thinking it would be an awful "Snake In The Eagles Shadow" ripoff, but it is now a flm I really enjoy! Excellent choreography and fighting from the great Wilson Tong and the Drunken Monkey style is awesome! Cheung Sam + Wilson Tong = Quality Fu film.

"Reign Of Assassins". Still think this is one of the best Wuxia films in quite some time. Lots of inrigue , solid choreography and an engaging story about the "Martial World" enjoyed it even more on rewatch.

"Shaolin VS Lama" "I am the devil, I must kill die to prove that Buddha exists" Independent kung fu classic. nuff said.

Archived