Name Recently Watched Or Re-Watched Movies

Leung Tsan

wow.... I decided to creat my first topic because recently and thanks to the forum here, I have been listing the movies that were mentionned and that I did not possess or never watched.....

Anyway.... I recently ordered and purchased some movies from the internet (again thanks to your links like kungfudvdworld, fareastflix, yesasia or simply amazon) and I already watched some of them that were quite enjoyable..... but tonight I watched a pure gem : Dragon's claws (1979).....from Joseph Kuo

Let me tell you that you have to watch the movie.... starring Hwang Jang lee !! anyway, the comedy was great, kung fu was awesome, training was like we love it, and the story was really nice....

this movies has so many furious kung fu fights awesomely choreographies, Hwang as the bad guy who kills the father of the hero and then the hero sucks so much at kung fu that he finally finds an old guy that sells fake medicine that will teach him kung fu......

I was really stoarstruck..... I highly recommend this movie......

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joseph Kuo films are some of my favorites, movies such as:

• 18 Bronzemen

• Return of the 18 Bronzemen

• The Eight Masters

• The 7 Grandmasters

• Born Invincible

• The Mystery of Chess Boxing

• The Unbeaten 28

just to name a few.

Dragons Claws is indeed a great movie. It's hard to go wrong when you got Hwang Jang Lee whoopin' ass in a the film.

One of the last movies I watched was Raiders of the Shaolin Temple. Definitely a fun movie, entertaining, with those classic dub voices.

Check out this clip of Sonny Yue getting his Bronze Horse training on!

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

shaolin swords

last movie i watched was heroes of the east of course i saw it before the movie is a classic

abbot i remember buying raiders of the shaolin temple but i think when i bought it the name was raiders of the wu tang it was the 90s and on vhs it was 1 of the movies they put out with the wu tang collection

Thanks SMK, I saw all these movies except The Eight Masters, The Mystery of Chess Boxing, The Unbeaten 28 and raiders of the shaolin temple.....

then I will definately order these in the next few days......

Anyway, yesterday I ended up watching another movie : Taoism Drunkard ....

It is a Yuen clan movie withour Woo-Ping.... but my question is : were they on crack or someting else ?? Because I think this movie is one of the most crazy, mad, psycho, I even miss the words to describe it..... the first 10 minutes are a blast...... and then it gets even more weird.... the banana monster, a big iron ball..... the evil bastard, the drunkard looking for some virgin boy that is born the same day as him...... I mean that was really funny and entertaining..... and that was really a funny movie.... although maybe a bit too much but I cant complain about that, as this is one of the reasons I love kung fu movies....

Anyway, another one that I really recommend

(by the way SMK, I received the 4 shirts hehe, now every friend of mine and family members all have at least one 36styles shirt heheh- and I personally own the whole collection and some of the same with different colors - good work :thumbsup )

well well.... yesterday I watched another of my recent purchases online : Kid from Kwangtung

wow.... another gem added to my collection.... and I just realized that the fight centipede-rooster from Jet Li's Last Hero in China was inspired from this movie (inspired is not the word as they almost copy-paste the scene)..... but anyway.... once again I had so much fun, martial artists were awesome, and the final was exactly as I like them....

and I could even add this movie got everything for your entertainment : kung-fu comedy, ghost kung-fu comedy, lion dance, mad practice and training, and the baddest bad guy as usual : Hwang Jang Lee.....

If you havent seen this movie, go get it because you will have a very nice time watchin it....

That'it.... ill continue to post my comments and recommendations on the movies I see....

shaolin swords

i been meaning to get the kid for kwangtung for a while now just never gotting around to getting it

where did you get your copy at???

I got my version from this link... amazon uk.... but I got the last one....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/THE-KID-FROM-KW ... 238&sr=8-1

Here is another version of the same movie on the amazon US.... only 1 copy left

http://www.amazon.com/Kid-From-Kwangtun ... +kwangtung

and you can also find the same version as amazon US here in kungfudvdword

http://www.kungfudvdworld.com/search.as ... &image.y=0

anyway.... great movie, and I will watch it again with friends.....

shaolin swords

thanks for the links

im going to search for the ivl version but i will probaly have no luck with that......if i cant fnd the ivl version then i will probaly buy it from amazon.

Just received these 3 movies here.....

As I recently saw Shaolin Intruders and loved it, I decided to buy the other 2 movies directed by Tang Chia....

Well both are very nice movies but Shaolin Intruders is to me his best movie.....

Opium and the Kung fu master is interesting due to the opium aspect and the way it is the master who is addicted..... but well I was expecting a bit more kung fu...... and on the other hand Shaolin Prince was better but I did not quite enjoyed it as much as Shaolin Intruders..... that said, these 3 movies are very good.... its just that after watchin Shaolin Intruders, I guess I was expecting something even more astonishing....

Anyway.... I also received Bastard Swordsman.... I know it is the same genre as Holy Flame of Martial Word, Buddha's Palm etc.... so I cant wait till I watch it because I am sure I am gonna be entertained at 150 %...

post-27579-144199714348_thumb.jpg

Just received these 3 movies here.....

As I recently saw Shaolin Intruders and loved it, I decided to buy the other 2 movies directed by Tang Chia....

Well both are very nice movies but Shaolin Intruders is to me his best movie.....

Opium and the Kung fu master is interesting due to the opium aspect and the way it is the master who is addicted..... but well I was expecting a bit more kung fu...... and on the other hand Shaolin Prince was better but I did not quite enjoyed it as much as Shaolin Intruders..... that said, these 3 movies are very good.... its just that after watchin Shaolin Intruders, I guess I was expecting something even more astonishing....

Anyway.... I also received Bastard Swordsman.... I know it is the same genre as Holy Flame of Martial Word, Buddha's Palm etc.... so I cant wait till I watch it because I am sure I am gonna be entertained at 150 %...

I REALLY loved Bastard Swordsman, but when I saw Return of Bastard Swordsman, it took things to a new level, I REALLY enjoyed the sequel even more. You must get that one as well.

Secret Executioner

Watched lately (I'm sticking to MA movies):

Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger (starring Bruce Li)

Ninja In The Killing Field (starring Stuart Smith - credited Stuart Steen - who plays a good guy for once)

I watched LION VS LION this weekend..... And all I gotta say is that for me the best lion dance ever shown on cinema was in Dreadnaught..... well well that was before this weekend.... LION VS LION features THE most beautiful lion dance ever... the way they captured every plan and edited is amazing... I mean all the details and the different camera angles makes it an instant cult classic for me..... not to mention all the great and nervous choreographies.... and the comedy....wow.... it really looks like if the Shaw Brothers was trying to make a kung fu comedy like their new competitors Samo Hung, Jackie, etc....

I really loved it all, and was really impressed..... I was lucky enough to get a perfect version of it.... chinese dubbed, english subs, widescreen.....

Anyway..... I highly recommend this movie to anyone who never saw it.... entertainment guaranteed !!!!

Secret Executioner

Fists Of The Golden Monkey. Looks like a kung fu comedy (goofy main character, bizarre sound effects and don't get me started on the dubbing), but the fighting is nice. And the music is awesome too.

shaolin swords

just poped in 8 diagram pole fighter in the dvd player a couple of days ago watched it for 5 min then the dvd player started acting up man i got to get a new dvd player every time i put in a movie theres something wrong :sad

I REALLY loved Bastard Swordsman, but when I saw Return of Bastard Swordsman, it took things to a new level, I REALLY enjoyed the sequel even more. You must get that one as well.

well well.... I saw return of bastard swordsman yesterday evening.... as you said, it took things to a new level..... damn the silkworm skill is so great...... and the doctor was awesome hehe !!

I loved it and was happy to finally get to the end of this 2 parts movie....

Now my next movie to watch will be 5 elements ninja.....a classic that I am ashamed I never saw yet....

well well.... I saw return of bastard swordsman yesterday evening.... as you said, it took things to a new level..... damn the silkworm skill is so great...... and the doctor was awesome hehe !!

I loved it and was happy to finally get to the end of this 2 parts movie....

Now my next movie to watch will be 5 elements ninja.....a classic that I am ashamed I never saw yet....

LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the Bastard Swordsman flicks....well I dig any of the the crazy Shaw fantasy movies (Holy Flame, Battle Wizard, etc.)

Recently re-re-re watched Gallants, one of the best out HK in ages.

Did a couple of video's that fit this thread:

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

Not what I said in the video but here's a sort of typed version:

WARRIOR FROM SHAOLIN aka CARRY ON WISE GUY it was ok it was about a monk played by Gordon Liu who’s transporting the plans of the Japanese army but Eric Tsang & Lau Kar-Leung’s nephew: Lau Ga-Yung characters think its treasure. It was pretty average really. I did find Eric & Ga Yung characters were some what amusing & really enjoyed the way Lau Kar-Wing & Lilly Li fought together as a team surprised no one mention them in my ‘Two main villains?’ thread.

DAGGER 8 Story: training under 3 masters: a cook, an acrobat & woman. Oh man I really enjoyed this one I will need to re-watch this one but I think this is now a personal favourite of mine now. I guess the reason is cos I’m a sucker for training scenes I love films like 36th CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN, CRIPPLED AVENGERS, FIVE SUPERFIGHTERS & INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN. Also Wilson Tong character was cool with his 8 Daggers.

ODD COUPLE this one has always been a favourite of mine & the best weapons film IMO. The story is King of the Sabres & King of the Spears have had a fight ever year for 15 years but it’s always a draw so they decide to get students & have them battle each other. Sammo Hung & Lau Kar-Wing actually play two characters each by is Sammo plays King of the Sabres & Lau plays King of the Spears which are both old master characters & King of the Sabres(Sammo) takes Lau’s second character(much younger) as his student & King of the Spears(Lau) takes Sammo’s second character(much younger) as his, it might not sound it but I think this works really well. I really like the Sammo Hung as his younger character vs Huang Ha & Billy Chan fight cos of it’s uniqueness it has opera beats(see video below) I know Dean Shek’s not every one’s taste(ok I’m being light people hate him) but I enjoyed him it this one I did find him some what amusing but really I think it was down to my mood.

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

Just finished:

7 GrandMasters: Damn solid flick, with some tighter editing(scenes, and music), plus more plot and this would be EPIC!!

The Executioner (aka The Beheaded 1000): This weird ass movie DESERVES A LOT more love IMO. GIANT Wu Ma, Godzilla sound effects, Jimmy Wang Yu....this is WIN.

ODD COUPLE this one has always been a favourite of mine & the best weapons film IMO. The story is King of the Sabres & King of the Spears have had a fight ever year for 15 years but it’s always a draw so they decide to get students & have them battle each other. Sammo Hung & Lau Kar-Wing actually play two characters each by is Sammo plays King of the Sabres & Lau plays King of the Spears which are both old master characters & King of the Sabres(Sammo) takes Lau’s second character(much younger) as his student & King of the Spears(Lau) takes Sammo’s second character(much younger) as his, it might not sound it but I think this works really well.

Woooord to that.... Odd Couple is one of my very best Sammo's movie..... and I loved the concept behind each actor plays 2 characters, this way we see each one using the spear and the sabre.... not to mention the crazy long and awesome choreographies..... as you said probably one of the best if not the best weapons movie..... but only 2 weapons are featured.... so its always hard to tell which is the best movie..... but no doubt this one should be in the top.....

Anyway... I watched this amazing 5 Elements Ninja....... the movie was really amazing.... I was just a bit sad that Lo Meng gets killed too early imo..... but anyway.... the ninjas are real bastards in this movie with their lame tricks and cheats to kill the chinese martial artists..... formations were really great.... anyway.... I was really ashamed I never saw that classic, but at the same time very happy because we all remember the great moment we had when we saw a kung fu cult classic movie for the first time...... and that just happened to me again with this awesome classic.....

hehe Imagine the people that gets to see the trilogy of the 36th chamber for the first time !!!! one of the only trilogy in cinema that I enjoyed each sequel more than the previous one..... I mean, I wish I could see this trilogy again like it was the first time.... but anyway, its been already many times that I saw it and it never gets old anyway..... I am the only one getting old haha

well well.... thanks to the recommendations of SMK, I watched the unbeaten 28 yesterday....

Wow... I really liked this one even more than 18 bronzemen..... loved the fact that the main character is trained since baby to become an awesome martial artist..... has a lot in common with the bronzemen, but the main story is much more entertaining..... anyway, a great movie again.

well well.... thanks to the recommendations of SMK, I watched the unbeaten 28 yesterday....

Wow... I really liked this one even more than 18 bronzemen..... loved the fact that the main character is trained since baby to become an awesome martial artist..... has a lot in common with the bronzemen, but the main story is much more entertaining..... anyway, a great movie again.

I am glad you liked the film LT! Did you watch it because I featured it on FuTube Fridays last week, or because I listed on my Top 10 list? Either way, I am glad you enjoyed it. :clappinghands

hehe bit of both.... I saw it was featured on the futube and I was waiting to watch it because I received it only like 3 weeks ago.....

hehe.... if you remember you made a list of the venoms movies that were a must see..... well I just received the ones I ordered today.... here they are :

post-27579-144199714357_thumb.jpg

oops... sorry for the picture.... dunno how to put it the correct side....

but anyway.... I also received the below ones...... and I got to say, the one that makes me really itching is the demon of the lute...... I know its a kind of crazy madness movie, but just for the picture on the box it makes me really interested hehe.....

anyway..... loads of new movies to watch thanks to this forum.... so thank you all !

post-27579-144199714358_thumb.jpg

Archived