"Chansploitation"...?

ThunderScore

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely along with other films like THE STORY OF DRUNKEN MASTER, DANCE OF THE DRUNK MANTIS, WORLD OF THE DRUNKEN MASTER, DRUNKEN ARTS AND CRIPPLED FIST & possibly my personal favourite KUNG FU OF EIGHT DRUNKARDS. I guess after DRUNKEN MASTER there was "Simon Yuenxploitation" as well. There where clones of Simon & he was unfortunately exploited to death himself.

Great picture btw :smile

ThunderScore

Thanks, James. REVENGE OF DRUNKEN MASTER is actually pretty good. It was my first exposure to Eagle Han, who IMO is vastly underrated.

Thanks, James. REVENGE OF DRUNKEN MASTER is actually pretty good. It was my first exposure to Eagle Han, who IMO is vastly underrated.

Yes I've seen it & enjoyed it.

Nobody here ever heard of JACKIE AND BRUCE TO THE RESCUE aka FIST OF DEATH?

LOL, yes heard of those, I know I even got them, just haven't seen them and forgot about them.

shaolin swords

i was just joking around but no i heard of bruce lee clones but i was never a big fan of jackie chan too much comedy in his movies for me im shore i heard of jackie chan clones but just did not remember either

ThunderScore

It's all good. IMHO, any lead character in a MA film made after DRUNKEN MASTER who gets laughs and/or exhibits a tendency to use any kind of Drunken style of fighting could potentially be a Chan Clone...

I recall seeing a video on the shelf of a shop way back called "BOLO" which starred Jackie Lee & Bruce Chan

If I wasnt so toasted at the time I might not have pissed myself laughing and put it back on the shelf, to this day I regret not seeing it

shaolin swords

lol :coveredlaugh

I recall seeing a video on the shelf of a shop way back called "BOLO" which starred Jackie Lee & Bruce Chan

If I wasnt so toasted at the time I might not have pissed myself laughing and put it back on the shelf, to this day I regret not seeing it

It's not too bad. IIRC, Jason Pai Piao co-stars. Master Arts Video released it in the U.S. -

15526834717f72cee20a8f769095200a2a57804a.jpg

Nice, Ill have to seek it out. That cover is way more enticing. The one I saw was red with BOLO written real big in black with Bruce Chan & Jackie Lee in small print in white on the front, the back had the obligatory couple of photos of hard to make out guys fly kicking each other in a field.........ahhhhhhhhh, VHS & the 80's, things were so much simpler :coveredlaugh

Damn, now Im getting upset!!

But back to Chanspoitation

Jacky Cheung is really the only truly recognizable Chan clone I can think of

Jacky Cheung is really the only truly recognizable Chan clone I can think of

Jacky Cheung what film?

The Jacky Cheung I think of at least is closer to Bruceploitation than Chanspoitation.

jchr_zps2753b111.jpg

The majority of Jacky Cheungs films are goofball comedies where he does some kung fu, making him more of a Chan clone than a Bruce. Plus the fact he looks a lot more like Jackie Chan was one of his selling points.

The screencap of High Risk has him in the GOD outfit, but his character was meant to be a parody of Jackie Chan

shaolin swords

i remember seeing this bolo flick way back in the day in the video store in the 90s but never rented it they used to have some good flicks there too

Archived