Any Love Here for IFD & Filmark?

ThunderScore

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TGNW_zps7901a6fd.jpg

Godfrey Ho worshipper post this:

over at KFCF today but I want to dedicate it to you non the less.

They are OK but very wacky it's good there action films & they don't have shake cam so that helps. They seem to be about entertainment over art. I would regard any as great that said they can be enjoyable Some of them I'm more into the original film like NINJA THUNDERBLOT where as some like THE NINJA SQUAD(if it's the one where there's a ninja going around killing all the other ninja's) I more into the Ninja footage & some I'm into both. I don't think I've seen any of the Filmark stuff. I quite like the early IFD non-stuff to.

I think overall they are enjoyable fairly sold action with questionable plots that can be OK.

They are OK but very wacky it's good there action films & they don't have shake cam so that helps. They seem to be about entertainment over art. I would regard any as great that said they can be enjoyable Some of them I'm more into the original film like NINJA THUNDERBLOT where as some like THE NINJA SQUAD(if it's the one where there's a ninja going around killing all the other ninja's) I more into the Ninja footage & some I'm into both. I don't think I've seen any of the Filmark stuff. I quite like the early IFD non-stuff to.

I think overall they are enjoyable fairly sold action with questionable plots that can be OK.

That's a valid assessment. Upon first look, the Filmark titles may seem indistinguishable from the IFD product, but there are a few subtle differences. One easy way to tell is that if Stuart Smith is a Good Ninja, it's Filmark, if he's a Bad Ninja, it's IFD...

I think I many have seen a Filmark if SHAOLIN VS NINJA is a Filmark? That was pretty good but I remember some of the most obvious censorship cuts for the UK version.

I think I many have seen a Filmark if SHAOLIN VS NINJA is a Filmark? That was pretty good but I remember the really obvious censorship UK version.

IIRC, wasn't that Golden Sun? Filmark released a few Ninja titles with Alexander Lo - NINJA U.S.A., NINJA THE BATTALION, NINJA CONDORS, that for the most part are a cut above the usual product if for no other reason than his presence...

Very nice James, Thanks I guess I should of been more specific, I meant a list of notable films, films worth viewing/owning. I figure since TS is pretty much an expert on the subject, he may already have compiled such a list or wouldn't mind making one.

Very nice lists though over on HKMDB.

Secret Executioner

Would I have one of their goofiest looking Gweilos ever if I didn't like them ? :rofl (as far as Gweilos go, Jim Norris, Stuart Smith and Richard Harrison are my favorite ones, though Pierre Tremblay is quite fun to watch too)

Overall, IFD material seems better than Filmark outputs though some Filmark movies are real blasts (eg. Ninja In The Killing Fields, especially the final battle).

Some of my favorites from IFD include Golden Ninja Warrior, Ninja Terminator, the war movie Hitman The Cobra (in which Richard Harrison fights Mike Abbott) and the anime Solar Adventure.

Secret Executioner
[bBvideo 620,385]
[/bBvideo]

TGNW_zps7901a6fd.jpg

Godfrey Ho worshipper post this:

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

over at KFCF today but I want to dedicate it to you non the less.

Love that Stuart Smith quote. :rofl

And thanks for mentionning my little contributionfrom KFCF. This is probably one of the very best Richard Harrison moment in an IFD Ninja film.

Love that Stuart Smith quote. :rofl

I'm glad, I like it to "The Golden Ninja Warrior" is quite ironic after watching a few of the IFD's

And thanks for mentionning my little contributionfrom KFCF. This is probably one of the very best Richard Harrison moment in an IFD Ninja film.

You're Welcome, it good to remember the source I think there's a Chinese saying about when you drink the water remember from where it flows.

Archived