Roaring Fire....

Guest Jesse Smooth

Guest Jesse Smooth

Okay, I'm not a key player here....just a mere fan. I really like this movie I know there's red tape and legal rights and business matters. But I just want to ask again WILL THIS MOVIE EVER GET A DVD RELEASE?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yakuza954

I think there's a good chance BCI will release it. I remember reading they plan to release the rest of Sonny Chiba's films.

Guest Jesse Smooth

In my opinion, THIS is Sanada's movie. Showed the potential and promise of a big action star. Plus, I like the early 80s feel of the movie.

Guest Yakuza954

Bullet Train was basically a Ken Takakura movie, but it was also billed as a Sonny Chiba one. I don't have any offical confirmation or anything, but from what i've heard on boards about upcoming Japanese r1 releases, I'd be surprised if this one wasn't released before the end of the year.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

This is such an odd movie. Henry Sanada as a cowboy, Sonny Chiba as a magician, "Abdul the Mad Butcher"... Definitely the product of an unhinged imagination.

Guest Dion Brother

That's Abdullah the Butcher, pro wrestling legend who owns a rib shack in Georgia. At the time of ROARING FIRE's filming, Abdullah was a gaijin superstar in the All Japan rings.

Guest kungfusamurai

Loved Abdullah The Butcher. I remember watching him fighting with or along side guys like Rick Martel and Joe LeDuc on TV back in the early/mid 80s. He always loved to draw 'blood' in all of his matches.

KFS

Archived