Your HK Action Cinema journey in a timeline?

Omni Dragon

☯I was kind of think about my HK Action Cinema journey & thought to write a basic timeline covering some of the briefs of my HK film journey.

August 2003 started learning Martial arts which started an interest in various things to do with MA such as MA films like Jackie Chan's, watched some of his hollywood stuff then...

2005 watches POLICE STORY on TV

Jan 2006 watches DRUNKEN MASTER(thinks it’s the best thing ever, watches with Dad finds out other people aren’t too keen of these films.)

Later 2006 watches more Jackie Chan film like PROJECT A from this finds out about Sammo Hung & Yuen Biao & Bey Logan from the commentary(actually found out about Sammo, Biao & Bey on Christmas Day 2006)

2007 listens to the first of many commentaries from start to finish get interested in the info get the Sammo, Biao & others films secretly watches Bruce Lee online(cos there 18’s not allowed yet) Pretty much all HKL’s(mostly GH’s) at this point the odd other stuff watch various people mostly the 3 Dragon’s & others...continues this way till 09

Jan 2009 finds Shaw’s(had to go through shit for Shaw's cos I came home from school the package of HEROES OF THE EAST had arrived had a look at the case then Dad ask me to help put the fences back up that blow down in strong winds, the neighbour’s boyfriends dog must have come in a did a shit so I stepped in it putting the fences back up watched the film & yes it was worth going through shit to watch Shaw’s.

Watch more Shaw’s then…

21/04/2009 joins Kung Fu Cinema Forums(later other forums) find out tons more info.

July 2009 visit a pound shop in Wales & it’s got 28 mostly indies try these indies(SHAOLIN VS LAMA, FATAL NEEDLES VS FATAL FISTS, THE 8 MASTERS ect) & there all least OK(like with most Shapes unlike another kind of film they always seem at least OK) so continue to all of the SB, GH & indies

Early 2010 Mum buy’s me THE KILLER(did actually see the end of it on TV a few years before) thinking I’m not fussed about Heroic Bloodshed/Gunshed. I just have a quick flick through oh Chow Yun Fat as this assassin, a woman gets caught in the line of fire goes blind Yun Fat’s character feels guilty oh this is kind of interesting, I end up watching the whole thing the same night I was just going to flick through & maybe watch it another time like INFERNAL AFFAIRS which I got the same day & still haven’t watched. but after THE KILLER I did go on to watch other triad stuff(playing STRANGLEHOLD helped)

2012 continue to all watch all the above

& yeah that basically a short time line of my HK Action Cinema journey(probably missed some stuff out.)

what’s yours like? would be interesting to other people journey.☯

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James, that is a excellent post. I only wish my memory was even half as good as yours, so I could write out my timeline. I will attempt to though ... :rockon

I hope you don't mind that I edited your post, and highlighted the dates so they would stand out more. :smile I was only trying to help, again, I hope you don't mind.

shaolin swords

just like the abbot stated you have a really good memory and my journey has been 2 long to post lol...but my journey starts as long as i can remember as a really young kid i always had a passion for kung fu movies :smile

nice post james

just like the abbot stated you have a really good memory and my journey has been 2 long to post lol...but my journey starts as long as i can remember as a really young kid i always had a passion for kung fu movies :smile

nice post james

James, that is a excellent post. I only wish my memory was even half as good as yours, so I could write out my timeline. I will attempt to though ... :rockon

Thanks, I think my memory is good on this cos it something I love & most of my life has been school which I deeply hated, in fact my heart :heart still pounds with angry :angry about some of my experiences, I've even had dreams about being back at school & shooting people but don't worry thought guy's I'm quite peaceful in real life bottled up angry I guess, so I would rather forget thought memories I guess my brain replaced my memories with factual stuff of my interests & memories of my interests.

I hope you don't mind that I edited your post, and highlighted the dates so they would stand out more. :smile I was only trying to help, again, I hope you don't mind.

Yeah thanks :smile it's a lot clearer which is of course good, I think that's the way I had it spaced out on word but for some reason when I pasted it in conjoined, didn't highlighted the dates thought lol.

Archived