Chinese Bird Cages?

Omni Dragon

What are they about?

The first time I remember seeing one was in DRUNKEN MASTER Tino Wong was holding one I've wondered about it since then (also the 1st time I saw a shape) was it just a popular way of keeping a pet, a fashion statement, a lot of rich characters seem to carry them was it a way to show your wealth.

tinobirdcage.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha I guess you are absolutely correct, at least that's what we ve been joking about with my friends...

I mean in many many movies we always see a character wearing luxurious silky clothes and they also have the birdcage..... so that should work as a show off for them..... they did not have cars so that would be my best guess.....

but maybe I am wrong and it has another meaning.... dunno, but still..... they ve got a nice style with their birdcages !!

Seems to be right about showing off wealth that was Pete Jr seems to say here:

http://flkcinema.com/posts.php?forumId=33&roomId=6455&

& rdenn has a funny story.

TibetanWhiteCrane's post seems interesting here:

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18584

My wife tells me its not so much about wealth, but just having a pet. Once one bird starts singing, others join in, and people like that. Her father once had a birdcage.

When I was in China I saw many people, mainly older people, who were simply taking their birds for a walk. I was not in a wealthy area at all. They just seemed to feel that their pets needed a little air, kind of like I walk my bulldog... only with less barking and peeing on things.

Archived