New Samurai Titles from CK

Guest Daisho2004

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KClosson

BOHACHI, Ohhhhkkkaaaay!! Somehow I think that one will probably sell really well. Don't ask me why though. lol.

Of all the recent stuff, Adauchi is the real classic keeper I would want to watch more than once. I would like to see more of those subbed than Misora Hibari movies.

KC

Guest strutr74

Revenge is the Real keeper in that bunch. Most of that stuff is sleeping material. Not to mention selling boots of official material. AnimEigo might wanna check that site:D

New Line you might wanna check over there as well:lol

Shoot BCI too:rollin

Guest Isfahani

I'd like to see everything subbed! I have grown fond of those Hibari films, my only bitch is that the SONGS aren't subbed, and she IS arguably the most famous Japanese singer of the 20th century.

I like a nice mix of light and heavy entertainment, so I am not biased - In fact some of those leaden "Samurai" films put me to sleep, even though I am more into Chambara and Jidai Geki now than I ever have been - thanks to the increasing accessability.

IMO, Revenge was very good.

Guest KevinClo

Well, as I like to say when it comes to viewing movies, “to each his ownâ€. Everyone watches movies for different reasons. That’s why it is always feels strange when you watch a movie and think it is the greatest thing, someone comes along, then says it sucks. Lol.

It would be nice to see everything subbed, and certainly there is a lot more these days in the Jidai Geki than there was say seven years ago. The thing is certain movies tend to get priorities over others in the list of what gets fan subbed and what gets official releases. A lot of it is what will sell and what not.

Hibari was definitely a great singer and actor, but I never got into the genre to watch her type of movies. They are okay to watch once, but it is sort of the same thing I feel about “singing cowboy westerns†compared to other classic westerns. For me, they are something you watch once and never watch again. The other movies are the ones that I tend to want to watch over and over. Of course, there is a bunch of duds in any genre.

KC

Guest KevinClo
I agree Bohachi looks like a definite winner!!

lol! Funny thing though is Bohachi isn't the real or complete name of the movie. A simple "Bohachi" google search helps if someone doesn't know. I will say no more. lol!

KC

Guest inchilottaP

I watched the trailer for Bohachi and thought 'How the f*ck did Tetsuro Tamba wind up in crap like this?'

Then again I haven't ever seen the Teruo Ishii appeal. 8o

Archived