Iconic in kung fu films?

Omni Dragon

Omni Dragon
Whats iconic in kung fu films?
ottomh The Flying Guillotine(iconic weapon), the bronze men, 36th chamber what else would you say is iconic?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lo Lieh's fire red hands in King Boxer, Jimmy Wang Yu's One Armed duels, John Liu's one leg stance, Wooden dummys, there really is quite a bit. Plus all the ones you already mentioned.

in knockabout, the training and final fight where they jump over the nettle rope and the monkey style when Yuen Biao and Sammo are going mad monkeys.....

also dance of the drunk mantis for the ill/sick technique....

hitman in the hand of buddha.... in the first half of the movie when Hwang Jang Lee makes a fight with chipsticks.... daaayyyyuuuumm....

prodigal son for its rage counterweighted with some moments of heavy comedy, and classical chinese opera (one of the best movies ever to me)

duel to the death...... shiiiit, one of the bests ninja fighting scenes ever : during the night, on the beach, when they get attacked by ninjas and suddenly when ninjas dissappear with the smoke going back to the sea !!! and also in the desert when the shaolin monk gets defeated by a giant ninja that is in fact many ninjas altogether and finally only one female ninja that gets naked and kills the monk because he cannot allow himself to look at the naked girl..... just great.

and I would also add one of the most funny endings of all time of a great movie : ninja in the dragon's den, when they show the villain the chest of the japanese girl and the last sentence : nothing can beat a great pair of tits !!!

dont know if this is the way you meant iconic, but that's how I felt it....

An iconic moment for me is the pole battle between Hung Kam Po and Lau Kar Leung in Pedicab Driver!

love fu long time

Drunken boxing

Hung Gar Arm Rings

Many Old School actors

Shapes

Just a few I could come up with before hitting the sack :rockon

White Haired Masters good :angel or bad :devil when I say good I mean like the teacher of the young hero & when I say bad I think you know what I mean:

White Haired Masters good :angel or bad :devil when I say good I mean like the teacher of the young hero & when I say bad I think you know what I mean:

There is nothing like a GOOD, BAD White Haired Master in a kung fu movie! :pandanolove

I personally like the dumb guy who studies hard and ends up being awesome at kung fu! or the guy that helps the governor make his decisions. He usually has a funny face, or hair, or a mole in a weird place!

Make sure you know the contact Brothers of Shaolin so we can tell each other you from the Manchu's & the Ching's.

I think the hand sign in this should almost be as iconic to Kung Fu Film Fan's as the Vulcan salute is to STAR TREK Fan's.

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

Archived