Remastered Versions

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

I know we already have a post about movies we'd all like to see subtitled, but there are a lot of movies that I'm sure we'd all like to see have a legit release or at least a remastered version of.

Well, I would love to see a remastered version of "Lone Wolf & Cub" TV Series. I have a few episodes I believe from season #1,but the copies aren't that good.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest inchilottaP

Throw in the Lone Wolf & Cub TV movie too with Wakayama reversing roles as Retsudo.

Samurai 1-3

The Last Samurai 1&2 - My fav Kenji Misumi work, Masterpieces.

Guest KevinClo

For me, unless a movie is really good that I am going to watch a bunch of times it is not important to be “remastered.†That is part of the problem everyone knows about in having to buy the same movie over and over just for a slight upgrade in quality. Unless it is something I really, really, really care about then I usually pass.

The Samurai 1-3 could definitely use an upgrade. That’s classic stuff and the original dvd’s are about 10 years old from what I remember. The quality just isn’t that good.

Ninjitsu 1-2 (Inagaki’s Yagyu Bugeicho with Mifune): why someone like animeigo hasn’t picked this one up a long time ago is a mystery to me.

Judo Saga (With Mifune): again, no excuse why this one hasn’t been picked up.

Two Musashi’s

Yagyu vs. Musashi

Hiken

Moyeo Ken (1966)

Dokuro Zeni (any version)

Duel at Keymakers Corner (really any of the many versions of the Araki Mataemon’s relative’s vendetta)

Dojo Yaburi

The Last One Standing

I could probably list tons more, but I think those deserve the treatment and would sell pretty well. Something I think we need less of is releases of the 47 Ronin story, not that is it is a bad story, it is just overdone. I mean, when was the last time you heard someone talking about the vendetta Araki Mataemon was involved in? Although not as popular in Japan as the 47 Ronin story it is still up there in popularity as a historical vendetta story.

KC

Guest Daisho2004

KevinClo, I agree with on all of what you said the 47 Ronin is getting really played out, as for myself certain movies I can watch again like "Sleepy Eyes of Death" series aka "Son of the Black Mass" this is one of my favorite series. There are a lot of movie that could use a overhaul and some that need to be laid to rest already.

Guest HwangDi

Dragon Princess, one of my all time favs and there better be a remastered DP coming!!! Even with the horrid full screen dub you can tell it's a great movie that needs to be seen widescreen!!!

Archived