The Flying Dagger (1969)

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

was thinking of paying this flick flying dagger staring cheng pei pei for those that saw it whats your thoughts on it action story line etc......thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

i ment to say buying this flick of stead of saying paying for this flick sorry about that :laugh:laugh:cool:cool

shaolin swords

i dont really know where to get it at i was going to get it at dvdasian but they dont sell it no more.and fivestarlaser got it but they are a very shady company so i will not buy from them.i think im going to buy it from amazon the same seller i got murder plot and roving swordsman from or maybe some where els if i can find it some where els.because that amazon seller charges 20 dollars for a flick

shaolin swords

i just did lil search on the movie flying dagger again the only place i can find it is some website in europe but its in thia i want the hong kong version amazon dont got it either the only place i can find the hong kong version is fivestarlaser but i know i will not get the movie in the mail lol

I watched it 3 or 4 years ago; it's an above average swordplay film. I'd give it a score of 4 out of 5 stars.

I've never seen a Cheng Pei Pei film that I wasn't thrilled to have seen afterward. And yes, I have The Flying Dagger and love it.

Michael L.

It's like $10 or 11 on VCD; I'm not sure there is a proper DVD release of it. I saw one that claimed to be it but was really that early '90s Flying Daggers movie.

shaolin swords

http://www.dvdeast.com/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=2680 heres a link to the websit i was thinking on buying it from but too scared to take a chance dont know if its a legit company because i have been burned in the past buy other companys i want to buy the flying daggers dvd from them but not shore has any body ever orderd from this place please let me know

i saw the flying dagger dvd for like 30 dollars on ebay crazy price

i don't know this dvdeast site, but if this eBay listing is the one you saw, i've purchased a lot from this seller (DVDetective). if you buy from him in bulk, generally he can get you better pricing. i made a post a while back about him. i bought many Shaw releases from Thailand, same quality as the IVLs. the price was lowered by not getting the dvd case, just the disk and original artwork. of course these are not all region disk, so you need an all region or unlocked player. he orders from overseas. i can get you his email if you like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OOP-Shaw-Brothe ... 3cc6a55df7

another thing is that the IVL or maybe any other Shaw releases are out of print. except maybe if dragon dynasty does some, but certainly they aren't mass producing them. so, official shaw releases are getting harder to find, at least for right now.

definately worth a watch, especially if want more Cheng Pei-Pei in your collection, but its no Golden Swallow or Shadow Whip

The film itself is pretty generic and aside from some Lo Lieh moments, which are great knife throwing scenes, its not the most memorable film

Oh, & Lo Lieh is sort of a GOOD guy! so its worth seeing for that rarity alone

I dont have a hard copy myself, but the version I have is pretty good

shaolin swords

i can only find thia version of this movie i saw the hong kong version of it was going for 28 dollars on ebay as i stated in the other post in this thread.but if any one know where to find the hong kong version please let me know

thanks

Iron_Leopard
On 7/11/2012 at 12:18 AM, derwood said:

definately worth a watch, especially if want more Cheng Pei-Pei in your collection, but its no Golden Swallow or Shadow Whip

The film itself is pretty generic and aside from some Lo Lieh moments, which are great knife throwing scenes, its not the most memorable film

Oh, & Lo Lieh is sort of a GOOD guy! so its worth seeing for that rarity alone

I dont have a hard copy myself, but the version I have is pretty good

I agree with this. It's good but not very memorable.  I do think it's good enough to add to the collection if you're a Shaw or Pei Pei fan.

@SMK can we move this thread to Shaw Brothers? 

ShawAngela
On 6/6/2020 at 3:23 AM, Iron_Leopard said:

I agree with this. It's good but not very memorable.  I do think it's good enough to add to the collection if you're a Shaw or Pei Pei fan.

I would have said that it's worth watching for Lo Lieh's performance. The first one I saw him as a good guy, so, maybe It has marked my mind...:bs_smile:

On 6/7/2020 at 12:29 AM, ShawAngela said:

I would have said that it's worth watching for Lo Lieh's performance. The first one I saw him as a good guy, so, maybe It has marked my mind...:bs_smile:

Alright, that does it...I'm going to watch this film.

Iron_Leopard
On 6/9/2020 at 2:54 PM, morpheus said:

Alright, that does it...I'm going to watch this film.

We need a report. Did you watch it? If not then when? Lol

2 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

We need a report. Did you watch it? If not then when? Lol

Not yet.  Got too much garbage stuff to do.

Archived