Harakiri

Guest fayroach

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18JadeArafats

Definitely one of those movies that started with great vision, and had the courage to stay through with it until the very end. No pulled punches here.

Guest Shaolin Dog Paw

I wouldn't say the best, but definetly in the top 5.

The bamboo ronin thing was amazing. IMHO, Rashomon did a better job retelling a tale and capturing the audience all the way through, if your comparing style.

I think 7 Samurai is the best followed by Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo, and Zatoichi meets the One Armed Swordsman.

Ironically, I just watched this last night, I bought my friend the criterion dvd for christmas, so we got around to watching it, it looks so good, almost like it was filmed yesterday. Best, movie, ever:hat

Guest Yakuza954

I downloaded the music once on an album that also included other songs Tôru Takemitsu had composed for movies.

Guest strutr74

Great movie-A must own. Not the best samurai film Imo but a damn good one. A top ten for sure. I still like Samurai Rebellion Better:D

I downloaded the music once on an album that also included other songs Tôru Takemitsu had composed for movies.

Is there anyway you can upload it? I love the music for this movie and other classics.

Guest Tokenganja Clan

I fell in love with this movie! Such a powerful film. This is the movie i usually watch when my friends wanna watch a samurai movie. Pop Harakiri in...expand their minds, and then throw in a Gosha movie with more action and they flip out!

Guest Stuntman Jules

Masaki Kobayashi's films are VEEEEEERRRRRRY SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW, but they are good. Between THE HUMAN CONDITION films and HARAKIRI, Kobayashi obviously had some serious issues with his own country, as those films kind of rail against Japanese imperialism and traditional Japanese values.

KWAIDAN, however, his least political film, is actually probably my favorite, that said. It's just so @#%$ beautiful.

Archived