looking for a movie need help

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

looking for a movie i saw back in the day the only thing i remember is that i think carter wong was in it but the main role was a girl she was fighting with a sword she called it the blood rain sword does any body know the name of this movie thanks for any info

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

thru the whole movie they where talking about the blood rain sword.i thought the name of the movie was blood rain sword but i was wrong.some one told me on another forum it was another name cant remember the name he gave me but it was not it.does any body got a clue thanks

shaolin swords

im suprised nobody on here dont no the name of the movie if any one does please let me know thanks

shaolin swords

i think thats the movie i looked on youtube but could not find a clip of it if any one can post a clip of the movie imperial sword i really would appreciate it thanks

I think it's a Judy Lee film called "Imperial Sword".

Taken from IMDB:

IMPERIAL SWORD (1977, aka THE BRAVE IN KUNG FU SHADOW) is an overly complicated kung fu tale distinguished by some rousing swordplay and fight scenes featuring the exceptional female star, Chia Ling (aka Judy Lee). A graduate of a Taiwan-based Peking Opera academy, the star gets to perform her full repertoire here, doing acrobatic flips and kung fu kicks and fighting with a staff and sword. The well-staged action is captured on Taiwan locations and studio sets and occurs regularly throughout the film.

The plot has to do with the search for the Blood Rain Sword, an Imperial treasure in Judy's possession, passed to her when her father, an honest judge, was murdered by corrupt officials. Tien Peng plays a fighter forced by villain Chao Pai (Chang Yi) to try and wrest the sword from Judy. Eventually, he becomes her ally and the two join forces against Chao Pai. There's not much urgency to the story, since a minimal investigation and a diligent search by the bad guys would easily turn up Judy and her sword early on with the only obstacle, of course, being Judy and her sword.

This framework offers lots of opportunities for fight scenes and, fortunately, the film takes full advantage of them. Judy is at the forefront of all of these scenes and is quite a sight to behold. Extraordinarily beautiful, she goes into action, with her eyes blazing, nostrils wide and mouth tightened in determination, leaping about, swinging her sword, slashing and kicking bad guys, and either emerging victorious or fleeing when the odds are against her. She also uses her wits. At one point, she switches places with a kidnapped woman and is carried inside a bag into a basement dungeon. When the gang opens the bag, she leaps out and slays a number of her would-be captors before she's wounded with a poisoned dart. Later, as she is recuperating from the effects of the dart, she notices four guards searching the abandoned house in which she's hiding. As the camera prowls the rooms and courtyard of the sprawling ruins (an actual location), Judy attacks with her sword and uses the layout of the place to confuse the guards and pick them off, one by one.

The final battle takes place in a mill outside of town, recreated in full in a massive soundstage. The only problem with this otherwise superbly staged sequence is the reliance on the villain's sensitivity to light. As a result, the final fight between Chang Yi and the two heroes takes place in a deliberately darkened set, the better to weaken Chang by flashing him with bursts of sunlight when shutters are flung open. It's a contrived gimmick and only serves to frustrate viewers by shrouding most of the great fighting at the end in semi-darkness. It's Chang Yi's biggest fight in the film but he doesn't get to show off his stuff to best advantage. Still, the film remains one of Judy Lee's prime kung fu showcases.

Personally, I have a REAL bad memory, I do not remember what happened in movies I saw last month, well the specifics of them. Movies I saw years ago, I might barely remember if I even saw them at all. If not for all the movie reviews I did back on my old site, I would of forgot that I had seen all those movies I had reviewed. Sorry I couldn't help you. Having a bad memory can be good when I watch a good movie that I had already seen, and it's pretty much like watching it for the first time. :)

shaolin swords

just saw a clip of the imperial sword on youtube it looks diffrent but it has to be the movie i will looking for.tomorrow i will look around to see if i can buy the movie any where.thanks to every one hew helped me to find this flick thanks

I just looked up my old movie reviews from my old site, and I rated this movie a 4.3/5

I had reviewed the Saturn DVD release of it, which was titled 'Kung Fu Shadow', and was only going for $0.65 back then on Amazon. I believe I picked it up at a $1 store. :smile

Also, out of the 85 minutes and 56 seconds of the movie, 24 minutes of it is action.

And 1 of my favorite quotes from the movie, "the Blood Raining Sword, always, someone dies when it strikes"

Haha, such a coincidence. I was in Florida in July, and I bought about 20 DVD's for a dollar each & 'Brave in the Kung Fu Shadow' is one of them. It looks like it was copied from a VHS source, but watchable & in English. IS this the movie you are looking for as the post a few up from here says?

Archived