Which Shaw Bro. movie would you like to see modernized?

PaiLum

There's to many to count....but to be honest I think most are best left as is. No one can replicate that "Shaw magic"...the look/feel/charisma.

shaolin swords

i remembering reading on some forum that there was going to be a remake of 5 deadly venoms but i guess it never happend

I don't think any should be modernized/remade. Modern films with their CGI and OTT wirework are awful. Keep the Shaws classics the way they should be - original and awsome. I can't think of a single remake of any film that was as good, or better than, the original. So why bother?

I don't think any should be modernized/remade. Modern films with their CGI and OTT wirework are awful. Keep the Shaws classics the way they should be - original and awsome. I can't think of a single remake of any film that was as good, or better than, the original. So why bother?

Of course you're right KB. But if you HAD to choose a film for a remake, then why not choose one that was ALREADY over the top, with wirework and "special effects".

Holy Flame of the Martial World

Buddha's Palm

I haven't seen Thunderclap, but does that one fit in with the other 2 mentioned?

Of course, I would MUCH rather watch a remastered version of 'Thunderclap' then to have a remake made of it. :smile

Omni Dragon

I agree that the already OTT though I have to say even the old school OTT is a very different style to new wave style OTT.

For the record, I’m like a lot of you and would prefer that they leave well enough alone. But, if they were going to remake one, I would hope that they would remake one of their modern late 70s – early 80s flicks… and leave their period classics alone. I wouldn’t mind to much if they redid one of these… especially the ones were I was more preoccupied with their rad outfits rather than the actual plot:

Hong Kong Godfather

The Drug Addicts

The Angry Guest

Duel of Fists

But I also agree SMK. Redoing an over the top fantasy wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

Yes, but even the OTT ones like Bastard Swordsman had a certain charm and qaintness due to the fact that the special effects of the day were limited (especially in HK cinema) and so they had to rely more on inventiveness and creativity to create the OTT films. If remade now, it would just be CGI and all that originality and creativity would be lost.

Hong Kong Godfather should NEVER be touched LOL. Leave the PERFECT blend of cheese, fashion, and slashy slashy.

• Like 1

shaolin swords

even if someone made a remake of one of the classics it would never live up to the hype and never be even close to the original but i have to admit it would be kind of cool just to see how it came out