Sir Run Run Shaw to retire at 104

MarsHarmony

Thanks to KyFi at KFCF for originally posting this news.

logo.jpg

BAhbB1sHOgZmIisyMDExLzEyLzA3LzA1LzEyLzU3LzM1NC9SdW5SdW5TaGF3LmpwZ1sIOgZwOgp0aHVtYiINNTAweDEwMDA?sha=133aafc3&suffix=.jpg

By Patrick Frater

Wed, 07 December 2011, 21:09 PM (HKT)

Executive Shuffle News

Run Run SHAW 邵逸夫, the 104-year-old Hong Kong media mogul is to retire at the end of the month from Television Broadcasts Ltd (TVB) 電視廣播有限公司.

In a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange the company said that Shaw will step down as chairman, non-executive director and executive committee member. He will instead be named as chairman emeritus at the company he founded in 1965.

TVB announced that it will promote 71 year-old executive deputy chairman Norman LEUNG 梁乃鵬 to executive chairman. He will receive a salary of HK$5.76 million ($740,000) and directors fees of HK$150,000 ($19,300) and a bonus. In his deputy chairman role Leung is entitled to a HK$1 million ($129,000) bonus for the current year.

TVB, which has terrestrial TV broadcasting in Hong Kong as its mainstay, now has broadcast operations in Taiwan, North America, Australia and Europe and a programme distribution network throughout Asia, particularly in mainland China, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam.

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/shaw-finally-set-to-retire

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many thanks to Sir Shaw for Shaw Brothers and such a wealth of great entertainment.

:rockon

I second that Mars.

and JD, why must he live to be 108? What's the significance? :smile

108 is a number of "magical significance" to the Chinese; the idea is rooted in ancient astrology.

You must have seen however: 108 weapons, monks, styles, laws of Buddhism, sins of Buddhism... blah, blah, blah.

Hell, even Edgar Allan Poe knew about it: The Raven has has 108 lines!

I was watching The Water Margin(1972), again, and noticed that there are 108 Liang Shan heroes in the story!

I was watching The Water Margin(1972), again, and noticed that there are 108 Liang Shan heroes in the story!

Very cool Mars. I'm sure I will be looking out for "108" to come up in movies I watch from now on.

"36" is my personal magic number. :smile

Very cool Mars. I'm sure I will be looking out for "108" to come up in movies I watch from now on.

"36" is my personal magic number. :smile

And 36 X 3 (representing the Past, Present, and Future = TIME) = 108.

And Time X by Time = 9

108 divided by 9 (the symbol of the Goddess = Time in Time = Creativity) = 12

And 12 is both the Full number of months in a year AND the half number of hours in a day...

Therefore...

maybe I've been living in China too long ... :tongueout

Archived