Bolstering My Shaw Collection

dadadove

Over the last few months I purchased a handful of various Shaw Brothers and other types of kung fu films from a fellow on ebay. The Shaws I got were the remastered Celestial releases, but from Thailand and just the same quality as the Hong Kong editions. We chatted a bit about movies and such and I recently completed a package deal of 25 various Shaw movies, a few of which are tougher to find, like Supermen Against the Orient.post-8811-144199713736_thumb.jpg

Anyway, he's open to ordering for people, he communicates well, prices are good, etc. I won't discuss what I paid because what he can do for you may vary what he did for me, depending on his sources, etc, but I think he's very reasonable. I wanted to do this big order on Ebay, just in case there were any issues, and he had no problem with listing them. We arranged for time that he'd list them as buy it now and I'd buy them immediately.

If anyone wants his contact info let me know and I'll certainly give you an opinion of what he offers you based on the deal I made, if you want an opinion.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind having contact info. I need to bolster my shaw collection as well. Quite a few i'm looking for if the price is right.

You can reach him at homerd0h@mail2world.com His name is Colin and his Ebay ID is DVDetective.

Let him know Chris/Dadadove@yahoo.com sent you.

Of 25 dvds I bought, only about 17 were Thai. Some were HK releases. For the Thai releases I got the disc and original DVD sleeve, but no case. This saved on cost and shipping. I bought cases on the web. I'm sure this matters more to some people compared to others.

Feel free to ask any questions either here or via email.

Chris

post-8811-144199713738_thumb.jpg Here is Supermen Against the Orient. This is a German release under the name Drei Spaghetti in Shanghai. I thought I had been sent a mistake at first, but it is in fact the correct movie. It's probably one of the worst "alternate versions" of a cover out there. You'd never know it is the same movie by the cover. No mention of Lo Lieh or Shih Szu on the cover. It has Italian, English and German language. The quality is pretty good. It is listed on amazon.com.de, but not the US amazon.

Archived